PO: Flatfoot 56 - Toil (a few packages)

post the email

Here ya go:

Hello,

If you're receiving this email it's because you preordered a Flatfoot 56 record from Paper + Plastick. We haven't sent out an update on these orders in a while, and we apologize for the lack of communication recently.

The vinyl was shipped to us from the plant several weeks ago but ran into some complicated shipping issues. There was a problem with the delivery - a problem that hasn't happened to us in over a year and is very rare - where the freight truck driver didn't feel comfortable maneuvering the truck into the area where we're located.

After failing to deliver the Flatfoot 56 vinyl, the shipment was sent to one of the freight company's headquarters in Florida. We are currently working with the company to either schedule another delivery, get these packages sent to us via UPS, or arrange a time to drive ourselves out there to pick up the records ourselves.

We were originally hoping to have the vinyl in hand this week, but that isn't a positive thing anymore, and we are just waiting on the shipment. All of your preorder packages are ready to go, we are just waiting to insert the vinyl into boxes and ship them off to you. We estimate that within a couple days of receiving the records, everyone will get a shipping notification via our webstore.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience that this delay is causing everyone. We hate having setbacks like this, as it's something we haven't experienced to this degree in over a year. It's not what we strive for as a company and we're working hard to get you your order as soon as we can. For now, if you need to update your shipping address (maybe you moved or went away to school), please email your name, order number, old address, and new address to [email protected] and make the subject line "Flatfoot 56 preorder address change."

If you have any other questions concerning your order, don't hesitate to email me directly at [email protected].

Thank you for supporting our label and Flatfoot 56, and we are gracious for your patience during this preorder.

- Thomas Nassiff

i agree with kidcrust...i hope the colors come out spot on. i really hope there wasn't a plant mess up and all they get are plain solid white for that "baseball" vinyl. if so, i'll be forced to draw in stitch lines myself with a sharpie marker. regardless the album is great. easily their best work to date.

Not being a dick, just curious if you guys have heard anything from the plant?

I've emailed Thomas a few times and he has told me that the freight company (who has all of the vinyl) is (I'm paraphrasing here): "slowly mailing the records as they get to them on their pallets". His description of the process made it sound to me like this could go on for weeks (or more). He never responds to my follow up questions like "How can they get away with this? Were they not paid to deliver these records in a timely manner?". And I still don't know why he wasn't willing to make arrangements to go and pick them up personally, as we're now 3 months past the street date and the records have been sitting a couple hours from him for almost 3 weeks.

I'm now hoping to actually get my record in 2012, 'cause I don't think it's a given.

I've emailed Thomas a few times and he has told me that the freight company (who has all of the vinyl) is (I'm paraphrasing here): "slowly mailing the records as they get to them on their pallets". His description of the process made it sound to me like this could go on for weeks (or more). He never responds to my follow up questions like "How can they get away with this? Were they not paid to deliver these records in a timely manner?". And I still don't know why he wasn't willing to make arrangements to go and pick them up personally, as we're now 3 months past the street date and the records have been sitting a couple hours from him for almost 3 weeks.

I'm now hoping to actually get my record in 2012, 'cause I don't think it's a given.

Even though it's a three-hour drive for me, I actually did volunteer to go pick them up. They did not think that was a good idea.

Anyway, I came here with happy news. The rust vinyl arrived today. A picture is below. Somehow it always manages to be worth the wait the first time I see one of our records pressed. I hope you guys feel the same.

The baseball and smoke vinyl are going to be getting here on Thursday, we're told. More than half of the orders are rust - those will go out before Fest this weekend - the baseball and smoke will go out after Fest (beginning Monday).

Rust variant. It's got a little marble going on. Some whites and blacks. Looks pretty awesome, the only thing I'd change is I wish it was just one shade brighter. But still pretty much exactly what we were hoping for. We didn't want it to be straight-up orange.

Zzagl.jpg

Some very bad pictures of what the artwork looks like. My phone is at 1% battery, I'm still at the office and left my charger at home so I rushed to take all the photos.

Front cover. This is one side of a poster that's folded four times. 24x24 square when folded out completely.

8tYAc.jpg

When you open the front cover the first time, you see this....and to the right is the lyrics insert, looks like a newspaper. Sorry it's the wrong way.

TOpnf.jpg

This is the front side of when you fold out the entire poster all four ways.

i07w5.jpg

And this is the back:

krWjl.jpg