bands you got your parents into

That's how I felt at the Against Me/Cult show! She bought me one of his records because she knew I bought vinyl; the one with the letters that stand for something. I'll have to check it out.

KMAGYOYO, get into it man. If you dig Cory Branan/newer alt-country/americana stuff, I'd find it weird if you didn't dig it, He does a duet on that record with Carrie from Shovels & Rope that's pretty much a John Prine rip-off that's super poppy and cheesey....that song included KMAGYOYO is fucking grand.

lots. my mom has awesome music taste. Loves Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Hammock, Bon Iver, and she really likes basically anything I play for her as long as it's not like metal or hardcore or anything. Going to see Sigur Ros with her in August, super stoked.

i thought my mom would be down with bon iver. no dice

lots. my mom has awesome music taste. Loves Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Hammock, Bon Iver, and she really likes basically anything I play for her as long as it's not like metal or hardcore or anything. Going to see Sigur Ros with her in August, super stoked.

Thats seriously awesome. My mom has too many screws loose for much of any good music, but i got my dad into call it arson and city and colour. He gets down to a little brand new and death cab but for my next trick, i will try murder by death, this will destroy you, and finally all french screamo.

My parents took me to my first show back in 94 to see Green Day and my dad loved them, I also got them onto Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Foo Fighters, Radiohead back then too. A couple of years back couldn't go to a Death Cab show with my sis and my mom went and liked them. Also, a guy came up to us on the floor of a Pearl Jam show in 99 I believe and said I have the coolest mom ever.