Portugal The Man

I'm a big fan of Waiter You Vultures and It's Complicated Being a Wizard. The Devil Say I Say Air or whatever it's called 7" also has two killer songs on it. Church Mouth wasn't too bad. I definitely stopped paying attention when they veered into the real folky indie rock territory, but I rock the early stuff every now and then.

Ptm was one of those bands that i was lucky to follow almost since it's inception so I had quite an attachment to waiter for a few years.

Their departure from that sound to church while I liked it I felt a bit disheartened that they abandoned the waiter sound.

eventually as more music began to materialize i grew a much better appreciation for it all I just kept resisting cause it didn't sink in so smooth I love all their stuff.

I could never make a perfect mix as they have way too many gems but :

-the pines/devil say i

-head is a flame/in the mountain..

-telling tellers tell me/church mouth

-all my people/american ghetto

-senseless/censored colors

-tommy/waiter..

-1989/censored colors

-our way/censored colors

-do you/satanic satanist

-waiter/waiter

-aka m80 the wolf/waiter

-work all day/censored colors

-when the war ends/american ghetto

-the bottom/church mouth

-chicago/waiter

-share with me the sun/in the mountain

-people say/satanic satanist

Satanic Satanist is the best place to start. From there it's up to you. All their releases are real great, with waiter you vultures being the most different and least similar to the rest of their stuff

This is my favorite (Satanic) , really dig the crud out of the new LP Mountain and dudes in clouds or w/e the heck it is and American Ghetto is pretty tizzight.

But all there stuff is pretty catchy but It's Complicated.... and Waiter! are a blend of all the sounds they have experimented with