PO: Red City Radio - To the Sons & Daughters of Woody Guthrie Repress

Haven't been online in a while and just going back through some old P+P threads.

Not trying to pile on but I have an honest question/assesment. Does anyone remember when P+P used to make a big deal and prided themselves on deluxe/custom packaging? I feel like for a label that used to be all about that all of a sudden is about clear PVC jackets with no center labels because its simple. Its really weird with this release because these already had cover art and center labels.. Big 180 if you ask me. What gives?

I am not the guy in charge of art, and I have to admit I wish we did normal jackets for this because I really like the artwork, but I will say here that we put out like 15-ish records in 2012 and the only ones that had clear jackets were this Red City Radio re-issue and the Larry and His Flask EP (which is a picture disc). In 2011, we had a Riverboat Gamblers EP that was also a clear jacket (screen-printed B-side like this RCR thing). Meanwhile in 2012, we did put out a few records with pretty ridiculous art and packaging - we put coffee grounds into an Anthony Raneri 12", we didn't do jackets for Jr. Juggernaut's sophomore LP and instead housed the vinyl in between two 12" screen-printed mirrors (this was a pain in my ass), the Flatfoot 56 inserts are insane, and the new We Are The Union LP comes with a make-your-own sundial type thing inside. The Aspiga records look great and we did a 7" that glows in the dark better than any other glow-in-the-dark vinyl I own.

So yeah, some of the packaging is simple, but some of the packaging is stuff that no one has ever really done before. I wouldn't say we're "about" clear jackets and no center labels. That being said I think we're done with our no-center-labels phase...but like I've said before, I kind of like records like that. Personal preferences.

Even sillier because the OG had a download code.

We don't own the digital rights to this EP. 

Also saw that some people were upset about the color they ordered / what ended up coming in the mail. I tried to be pretty transparent about the fact that there was a lot of overrun between the different colors. I guess with the green / blue being more limited, we should have maybe been more "strict" about what classified as that color. Definitely noting that in my mind for future weird pressings like this. Like people have said in here, it was just an effort to give everyone something to call their variant with some number to list them as limited.

Haven't been online in a while and just going back through some old P+P threads.

I am not the guy in charge of art, and I have to admit I wish we did normal jackets for this because I really like the artwork, but I will say here that we put out like 15-ish records in 2012 and the only ones that had clear jackets were this Red City Radio re-issue and the Larry and His Flask EP (which is a picture disc). In 2011, we had a Riverboat Gamblers EP that was also a clear jacket (screen-printed B-side like this RCR thing). Meanwhile in 2012, we did put out a few records with pretty ridiculous art and packaging - we put coffee grounds into an Anthony Raneri 12", we didn't do jackets for Jr. Juggernaut's sophomore LP and instead housed the vinyl in between two 12" screen-printed mirrors (this was a pain in my ass), the Flatfoot 56 inserts are insane, and the new We Are The Union LP comes with a make-your-own sundial type thing inside. The Aspiga records look great and we did a 7" that glows in the dark better than any other glow-in-the-dark vinyl I own.

So yeah, some of the packaging is simple, but some of the packaging is stuff that no one has ever really done before. I wouldn't say we're "about" clear jackets and no center labels. That being said I think we're done with our no-center-labels phase...but like I've said before, I kind of like records like that. Personal preferences.

We don't own the digital rights to this EP. 

Thanks for the response man. It was an honest question, and not a bitch out. Weird that it would be hard to get the digital rights.

As for the colors I would have just done mixed random first come first served to avoid the headache just a heads up. More center label plz.