Showbread - Cancer

I thought a couple people here might care, Showbread's new album Cancer is coming out near the end of the month, for free, via Come&Live. A lot of you found Who Can Know It? super lacking and wrote them off, but here's a new track that I hope will change your mind:

Showbread - I'm Afraid That I'm Me (http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2863392)

Curious to hear what some of you think. I have an unmixed version of this song, which isn't too different, and also track 2 (which is way louder), and I think anyone who had issues with how mellow the last album was will be pleasantly surprised. Enjoy.

The real question is how much are they going to ask for when they annouce their third kickstarter album. $75,000?

I know you're joking, but they asked for so much to fund the recording and production of the album, as well as recording and production of an accompanying movie. It's a bit of a farfetched idea they have, but considering how much filmmaking costs I don't think what they asked was that ridiculous of a goal. That being said, they're still giving it away for free and will continue to.

I miss seeing this band in small clubs before "No sir" came out.

Wish I had been into them in those days. The fire and gore era would have been amazing concerts.

I like the direction with more of a fast punk feel, however it felt like the song went on for a long time. If it's all like this or even loud fast punk like you're hinting at then I'll probably buy it.

Well it is 7 minutes long. All of the others are between 3 and 5 minutes, with the exception of a 6 minute song and a 10 minute song. I think there'll be way more positive comments about this one.

• 1 month later...

Tour will be early 2013.

If any of you are offended when a band is religious, then yeah, you're not gonna like it. That's pretty closed-minded, though. It won't be for everyone, though. If you give it a fair chance and don't like it, that's fine, and thanks for giving it a chance. But I think anyone who was disappointed with Who Can Know It? will be into this one.

Tour will be early 2013.

If any of you are offended when a band is religious, then yeah, you're not gonna like it. That's pretty closed-minded, though. It won't be for everyone, though. If you give it a fair chance and don't like it, that's fine, and thanks for giving it a chance. But I think anyone who was disappointed with Who Can Know It? will be into this one.

Who said anything about it being religious?