Anybody know whats up with the Strapping Young Lad boxset?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, I put a splatter in the cart for a second just to look at it, then I removed it. I can't afford this right now by any means, but I just wanted that moment seeing it in the cart. It was glorious.

I can't afford it right now either, but if I missed out I would regret it for a very long time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Strapping Young Lad
"Heavy As A Really Heavy Thing" Gatefold LP
"City" Gatefold LP
"SYL" Gatefold LP
"Alien" Gatefold 2xLP
"The New Black" Gatefold LP

Will go up for sale in loose copies (outside the box set) this coming WEDNESDAY, MAY 22nd at 5PM Finnish time.  

We will only have 75 copies of each on white vinyl and 75 copies of each on black vinyl.  There will be *no* 7" and *no* Demos & Rarities LP.

We will split them into 45 copies of each into our "worldwide" store and 30 copies of each into our USA/Canada store.

They will come on 200-gram vinyl with printed inner sleeves.  Same versions as in the box set.

First come, first served.  The box sets are almost sold out, as well.  Once gone, they are gone.

544647_517387424985256_720602214_n.jpg

Hi! I have a question about local pickup, thought I would write it here, since Im maybe not the only one. I think I have seen it covered before, but Im not sure.

I ordered the soft edition and paid for the shipping to Estonia (45 euros). I also wrote a message during the checkout that I would like to do the local pickup and again sent the same information when you sent out that automatic e-mail requesting additional information. 

How do you plan to refund (and in which amount) the shipping costs to those who will pick it up locally? I can either pick it up myself or let a friend do it (if Im not in Finland at the time). 

Cheers

Hey there, there are 500 e-mails unread in that box we're trying to get to, I'll get to yours shortly, sorry about that!

Last bit of info:

SYL albums go live for sale tomorrow (May 22nd) at:

7AM Los Angeles
10AM NYC
3PM UK
4PM Germany
5PM Finland
11PM Tokyo
Midnight Melbourne (Thurs, May 23rd)

Limited to 75 copies (worldwide) of each color.

• 2 months later...

Hey folks, we'll know in a few weeks if we have any extras.  We withheld a few copies of the box from sale in case of severe damage in shipping, which has not yet occurred once.  If you are interested, send us a message at contact [at] blood-music [dot] com.  

There are not many but there might be a few.  We won't sell them until we hear everything arrives safely to everyone.

*Important for anyone who bought one of these boxsets*

Just saw this posted on fb from Blood Music, figured I should repost here in case anyone might miss it there. Read on:

Strapping Young Lad box set supporters: if any of you encountered manufacturing defects (and we mean defects only, not shipping issues), please e-mail us ASAP through our normal e-mail address. Replying to this topic or e-mailing our Facebook page won't help, as we need all info in a central location.

By manufacturing defects, we mean things like -

a ) One record in a set produced on the wrong vinyl color.
b ) One record with center labels produced on the wrong sides.

We do not mean - 

Seam splits or any problems that could have occurred in shipping only.

We will need you to send full information, as well as photos, and we will attempt to work out a process of exchange for any misprinted items, as these are problems that occurred at the factory level.

Those of you who bought your sets and intend to keep them sealed or resell them, we encourage you to open and inspect your sets to make sure they are perfect. If you open your set one week from now and find a problem, it will already be too late, so do this now.

We will attempt to get a short run of reprints on only the problem materials and we need to know what's out there and who needs it. 

We do not consider these misprints any more valuable and seek to replace them. Please only contact about problems that need replacing, not ultra minor details, as this will be a lot of work for us.

Please DO NOT contact us about this through Facebook - normal email only. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Well, I couldn't resist. I ordered a white box set. There are still some white and black box sets left if anyone is still looking.

It's an amazing set.  You surely won't be disappointed.  I have a Die Hard and splatter version.  Easily the nicest box set I own and have ever seen.

Speaking of Die Hard, if someone wants to take it off my hands PM me and maybe we can work out a deal.