Gaslight Anthem Handwritten Euro press

Dunno if this has been discussed in the past days.

Despite what Banquet records posted about that infamous Euro press, which turned out to be the regular US press, there actually is a Euro press of the Handwritten vinyl. I picked up a copy last week from an electronic goods chain here in Germany. Dunno if it´s really limited to 500 copies like Banquet stated before.

And it actually diifers quite a lot from the US press.

- it has a totally different Mercury logos on the front sleeve, on the back and on the labels

- the sticker on the shrinkwrap is smaller and lacks the mentioning of the download code

- doesn´t include a download code

- record is pressed by GZ media in Czech republic

- vinyl is a darker blue than the US press, also not see-thru clear wax, but more of a milky opaque blue

- different matrix etching

- different cat # on sticker and sleeve

- no FBI anti piracy logo on the back

- record labels are not glossy on dull paper, Gaslight Anthem logo is white instead of beige

- innersleeve doesn´t have the flapps glued on outside, but inside the sleeve. Insttead of Island Def Jam records, only Mercury recs are mentioned on the back of the inner sleeve

- the back of the sleeve states "Made in the EU"

ahhh, the good ole black euro 59 sound days...

yeah, haha, who's trolling now. Thanks for the post frank. Any interest in helping a fellow you like you did with the 59 sound, way back in the day?

Ahh, the good ole black euro 59 sound days, right? Sure I remember... But I thought you gave up on collecting Gaslight stuff some years ago?

• 2 months later...