PO: Trash Talk 119

ctznmatt

I really enjoyed the first couple Trash Talk records, but couldn't get into their stuff once they started doing stuff on their own label. They sort of did what This is Hell did and went a lot more metal than their earlier stuff.

Regardless, I always give their new stuff a listen.

Metal? Really? I thought awakethroes all their metal/sludge influences away and went in a more hardcore/punk direction

Metal? Really? I thought awakethroes all their metal/sludge influences away and went in a more hardcore/punk direction

Maybe my metal definition is a little off. I guess what I mean is that they started to get darker and more sludgy sounding. Not metal in the sense of classic metal guitars, just dirtier sounding. I guess in a sense I see how that can be more punk/garage sounding.

I was a bigger fan when they sang faster and only had the gruff voiced guy come in on certain parts.

Walking Disease and Plauges are two of my all time favorites.

Alright, I'm listening to that right now. And I hear way more "breakdowns" and sludgier parts if you will. Awake and from the sounds of it 119, I feel are way more straight forward hardcore punk. I'm not arguing its just nice to discuss sound instead of color and shipping. Plus I find this band very interesting. The way they go about things is odd, and their latest deal with oddfuture is well odd.

this is hell went in a more NYHC direction. i dont mind NYHC but i think they were better at what they were doing on sundowning and misfortunes.

in any case, i think trash talk has gone more in a more punk / hardcore direction than anything. ill probably get this but damn there is so much stuff being released in october.

Alright, I'm listening to that right now. And I hear way more "breakdowns" and sludgier parts if you will. Awake and from the sounds of it 119, I feel are way more straight forward hardcore punk. I'm not arguing its just nice to discuss sound instead of color and shipping. Plus I find this band very interesting. The way they go about things is odd, and their latest deal with oddfuture is well odd.

Yeah yeah definitely not arguing at all just discussing. Maybe I enjoy the way their old stuff sounded more like modern hardcore instead of the rougher old school punk hardcore sound they're playing now.

I can agree with that. I do enjoy their older sound much better, I remember the first time I heard Destroy. I was not expecting "I am pure fucking evil" to be spat out. Awesome shit. Anyways still looking forward to this release. I would also love to catch them live soon

Yeah I saw them live once and they were really good, but trapped under ice played that same show and kind of blew them out the water. This was when they just released that stay cold EP an trash talk had recently put out plauges.

Anhh hell yeah. That would have been super fun. Trapped Under Ice is kinda "meh" to me but I would still enjoy seeing a show.

Yeah TUI is one of those bands who is good in small doses. An EP worth of material is all I can handle. I feel the same way with Cold World. Reign Supreme was also at that show. The more I think about it that show was pretty epic.

Im the opposite with TUI, I thought Big Kiss Goodnight was the best thing they had done by far. Stay Cold is my least favorite thing they have put out but I still like it a lot. Probably my favorite current hardcore band at the moment.

Really looking forward to hearing this new Trash Talk album as well, really digging the new song they released.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

did anyone pre-order this? Are there any delays or is it shipping on time? cuz Amoeba's website says that the LP doesn't release till 11/13 but Trash Talk's site says that this will ship on 10/9, just curious

I'm curious too. I haven't seen any updates for this album posted anywhere.

pretty much this. dont like this record at all really. and i liked everything up to it.

Exactly how i feel. I'm really bummed about this record, nothing on there that made me want to listen to it again after a second time and i loved everything they've done before. The Awake 7" was incredible, they need to stop hanging out with Odd Future or at least stop reminding everyone that they are every couple of minutes.

• 4 weeks later...