Screeching Weasel - Anthem for a new tomorrow up at Recess.

alangrey

sadly, there´s no shipping to Southamerica :(

I would buy this and ship it to you in South America for cost but you would have to Paypal as a gift and it wouldn't be cheap.

I say sent as a gift because 1) you have 6 posts and 2) I have no faith in postal services like South America to actually deliver and I'm not taking the risk it doesn't make it and you file a claim. The risk would be on you.

I bought an original pressing of my Brain Hurts that came from Japan off ebay a couple years ago. Wonder if it was yours!

Could have been, I had 4 copies of it. One for each cover variation (dark blue ink, light blue ink).

my eBay name is mirrortuna. I got lots of goods on eBay now, check out the link below.

Why isn't this 7 pages long?

1) Screeching Weasel hasn't put out a good album in about 10 years or a great album in about 15 (although I do love the recent Riverdales stuff)

2) Ben's attitude and just general douchiness + quarreling with beloved members of the current punk rock scene which when combined with point 1, makes people not care about this band anymore.

3) If you are "true" pop-punker, you likely already own this album

1. False. First World Manifesto is an incredible record and certainly in the top five SW records.

2. If you let an artist's reputation - true or perceived - have that much of an influence on the music you buy, you should get used to listening to nothing more than Sarah Malachlan. There are stories about pretty much every musician being a dick at one time or another.

3. True. But if it sounds better it's worth the $10.

3) If you are "true" pop-punker, you likely already own this album

I don't know what it takes to be a "true" pop-punker, but I lived a sheltered life in a small town until ~2004 and only started exploring older music (relative to ~2004) a few years ago when I started buying vinyl (i.e., when I started getting paid), so I'm personally pretty happy this is getting reissued.

now when will the first two riverdales albums get reissued? and is it bad that one of the primary reasons I'm mad at ben for "punch-gate" is that it meant having to wait longer for all of these SW and riverdales albums to be reissued?

1. False. First World Manifesto is an incredible record and certainly in the top five SW records.

2. If you let an artist's reputation - true or perceived - have that much of an influence on the music you buy, you should get used to listening to nothing more than Sarah Malachlan. There are stories about pretty much every musician being a dick at one time or another.

3. True. But if it sounds better it's worth the $10.

So sorry to insult your idol.

1) Agree to disagree

2) I still listen to Ben's stuff. Just saying I believe there are others who pass based on his shenanigans. Billy Joe throwing an on stage tantrum and smashing a guitar (for example) is one thing. Ben punching a girl is on a different level.

3) I'd rather have an album I've never heard than a remastered copy of one I have heard 100 times. It's not worth $10 to me (unless I didn't already own the original pressing).

1. Ok

2. You have a good point, but to me a person's antics/ behavior doesn't impact whether I like the music or not. Hell, people buy Charles Manson records.

3. Different strokes, I suppose. I bought Anthrm when it came out. It stands as one of my favorite albums. If/when there's a new pressing, I'll buy it. I also collect SW an Riverdales stuff, so there's that too.

No need to be snarky with the "idol" comment. He's not my idol; but his music has been very important to me for more than 20 years.

• 2 weeks later...