Did anyone else score a copy of Nofx - So What if We're on Mystake?

flood

There are actually 102 of these now. For the longest time we all thought there were only 2 mislabeled ones.

Then Doug Moody found a box of $40 and sold them to us (people at FWW and those who emailed him) for $10/piece.

And they were just in sleeves. No covers

Now that he finally realized he can make some money on them he suddenly "finds" another 60 and has sleeves made.

It all sounds shady, but it's still a cool thing to have.

I'm glad I've got an extra OG sleeve for mine to sit in.

There are actually 102 of these now. For the longest time we all thought there were only 2 mislabeled ones.

Then Doug Moody found a box of $40 and sold them to us (people at FWW and those who emailed him) for $10/piece.

And they were just in sleeves. No covers

Now that he finally realized he can make some money on them he suddenly "finds" another 60 and has sleeves made.

It all sounds shady, but it's still a cool thing to have.

I'm glad I've got an extra OG sleeve for mine to sit in.

i dont think its a scam, otherwise he'd probably be charging a whole lot more for them... i think it was 10 or 15ppd and you got three other random 7"s with it? thats a pretty solid deal.

there wasn't a link you just had to paypal him money and it showed up...

i never said it was a scam. it just seems a little weird that he has "found" 100 of these things over the last year after it being pressed for over 20 years. they had a warehouse fire last year, how did these things survive. its all just strange

moody is awesome, but hes old and senile haha. it works for me though, because hes supposed to be sending me a test press.

The warehouse fire was not at Doug's place, it was at his distributor's. Luckily they didn't have all of Doug's stuff but they had quite a bit. Believe me, Doug actually found that stuff. He has a couple of storage trailers full of various old Mystic records, parts, tapes, etc he's saved over the years. It is totally unorganized and a big mess and every time he digs out a box it is like finding random buried treasure.

i used to think "finding" boxes was bullshit too.. until my label got a little bit more prolific.. i dont have a warehouse so theres just rooms full of boxes, and some stuff at other people's houses... im constantly finding stuff that i thought was long gone misplaced in boxes, or behind stacks of other boxes... its really feasible to find a box of 60 7" given how much crap that dude probably has laying around