Stupid rant about my new pro-ject essential.

Was stoked to get this in the mail today. Opened it up and the tone arm was missing...? So I do some investigating, seems as though the tone arm had no lock on it for safe shipping so it managed to completely separate itself from the turntable and rip the wires apart, causing it to bounce around the box. then I noticed that there was no cover on the stylus. awesome. I DID buy this from an amazon retailer, however it clearly was in a pro-ject box and looked like it had never left said box. So i don't really know who to be pissed at.

either way i contacted mad_music. (tis the sellers name/store) in hopes of an exchange

wish me luck?

Pay now and get reimbursed later? If not, raise hell. I bought a Pro-Ject table new, and it came incredibly packaged.

the turntable was nicely packaged, but for some reason the tone arm wasn't protected at all.

I sent it out this morning, It was a lot cheaper than I thought. it was sent to me via media mail, which, at the time I was not aware that counted. But then was informed that it did not qualify as MM. also, apparently MM rates went up? they told me it was a flat rate of $6 and some change.

shipping a turntable media mail isn't necessarily shady in itself, but in this case, it solidifies the fact that this dude is shady as hell.

Agreed. although the communication has been pretty good, It was such a let down. I re-ordered the same table from a better company, 100% reviews on amazon AND checked out their website, seems like a legit place that knows what the hell they are doing. so hopefully this works out... if it doesn't, I quit.

I have to question the packing in the box. It had to have been disturbed right? It wouldn't come from Pro-ject with the tone arm flopping around in the box right? So what did that company do to cause that to happen. Was the box opened? was the TT used? If it was an amazon seller I would complain to amazon and get the shipping back.

I recently went through a sale of an LP where i ended up spending over 8 dollars to see that the seller had grossly over graded his record. That sucks. Get a full refund.

I have to question the packing in the box. It had to have been disturbed right? It wouldn't come from Pro-ject with the tone arm flopping around in the box right? So what did that company do to cause that to happen. Was the box opened? was the TT used? If it was an amazon seller I would complain to amazon and get the shipping back.

I recently went through a sale of an LP where i ended up spending over 8 dollars to see that the seller had grossly over graded his record. That sucks. Get a full refund.

honestly, NOTHING about the packaging seemed to be disturbed, and nothing on the TT seemed used. minus the tone arm being seriously fucked. the seller was great about communication and IS offering a refund + what I paid for shipping it back. I just bought another from this company on amazon. emailed them about my last problem, and the guy actually called me, asked if it was ok to open the package to check everything, checked everything personally (apparently he owns the company) while on phone with me and said it was all set.

honestly, NOTHING about the packaging seemed to be disturbed, and nothing on the TT seemed used. minus the tone arm being seriously fucked. the seller was great about communication and IS offering a refund + what I paid for shipping it back. I just bought another from this company on amazon. emailed them about my last problem, and the guy actually called me, asked if it was ok to open the package to check everything, checked everything personally (apparently he owns the company) while on phone with me and said it was all set.

Its awesome when shit like that happens.

Its awesome when shit like that happens.

yea everything seems to be working out. the first seller said that would refund the money the day it arrives. so hopefully i get a notice and all that jazz. but this new seller clearly gives a shit about his products and everything he sells which is refreshing