PO: Elbow Box Set!

Might not be many of you out there but for those that dig yourself a little elbow, this is fantastic news!

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/box-set/elbow-elbow-box-set-2012/invt/0602537115181/?utm_source=Elbow061012&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Elbow+Mailer&utm_content=UMGUK7318-244594

Limited edition box set of all albums to date on seven double gatefold LPs plus a USB stick holding all 7 albums as high resolution WAV files. Unfortunately, super-insanely-expensive shipping to the U.S. at $93!!!

I have been waiting for re-presses of the first three for years - I never bought them at the time because they were "a bit pricey" even for imports...ha! - but having to rebuy the later ones at the same time isn't exactly thrilling.

That said, the Abbey Road album on LP is a nice bonus and I passed on the 'Dead In The Boot' LP because it was - like the early LPs - outrageously expensive for what it is, so this might be a good way to gather it all up.

I initially read that the box was limited to 250 copies but then I realized it was the Universal Store exclusive print. I think I can live without that, especially since the shipping doubles the price and their customer service is less than great.

I wonder if 'Asleep in the Back' will still contain "Vum Garda" or if the title track is replacing it in the line up.

First Blur and now Elbow. Suede need to follow suit, but they can wait a bit to let funds build back up.

Pulp could reissue their Island albums. I still need His n Hers

'This Is Hardcore' and 'Different Class' have had recent reissues - the former in Plain, not ideal I realize. I'm actually quite surprised they didn't do 'His N Hers' when they did 'Different Class'.

Back to Elbow, I'm not sure who I thought I was kidding when I told myself I was going to hold off. Pre-order in at Amazon.co.uk.

Here's the Amazon.co.uk link, a much better deal. It's listed at £106.98 but lowers to £89.15 when added to your basket. Postage to the U.S. is £3.08 bringing the total to £92.23 (or $147.73 USD).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elbow-Definitive-Vinyl-Album-VINYL/dp/B0098WZDNK/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1349790857&sr=1-1

• 1 month later...

Just came. Thing is a brick. Real nice. They put the USB in a record sleeve filled with foam and on the spine they put " record #6 coming soon". Cool of them to leave space to put the next album in there.

That's a very nice touch. Apparently Guy also picked lyrics from the album to be etched into the deadwax of each side. They've been showing them off on Twitter/Facebook/etc all week.

Still waiting for the set to show. For a set that I already own every note of at least once, the wait is KILLING me.

I've gone through both 'Asleep in the Back' and 'Cast of Thousands' and these sound *incredible*. Especially 'Asleep in the Back' - which is my favorite Elbow LP so that might bias me a little. A nice full, full sound that you can really turn up loud and it sounds just magical.

'Leaders of the Free World' is on now and my only complaint so far is that the side splits are weird - the title track should end side 2 not start side 3, especially with the studio chatter bit at the end of "The Stops" that goes so well into it. Minor nit pick and certainly not enough of a complaint to ruin the set, just an observation.

I can't recommend this set highly enough. Don't sleep on it, you'll be sad you did.