Frusciante vinyl reissues

futre

Holy shit! Im psychic or some shit. I was just thinking this lunch time about these getting rereleased, and i thought id better check. Well i wasnt wrong. Soooo stoked.

Surely these will get a US release, they have to, though i cant seem to find anything anywhere else.

Emailed the official unofficial JF page and the reply was "I cannot say anything about this at the moment". I think it could be the start of something big. But who knows?

edit: cheaper here - http://www.jpc.de/s/john+frusciante

I've always really wanted Niandra Lades... but doesn't look like that's been posted to any of these sites either.

unless there's something I don't know about why they wouldn't press it (?)

Yeah id love Lades, To Record Only Water... Shadows Collide... and Smile... (this will definitely never happen)... but it looks like its only the Record Collection albums that are getting re-released. Mind you saying that im not sure what happening with Ataxia records. No official statement has been made so i guess we'll just have to speculate at this time. I dont know about you, but im getting a little antsy pants about the whole thing... c'moooon this is torture!

I've always really wanted Niandra Lades... but doesn't look like that's been posted to any of these sites either.

unless there's something I don't know about why they wouldn't press it (?)

John has publicly denounced Niandra LaDes and had CDs recalled after it was released. I would love to own it, but don't see why he would want it to be pressed.

"Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt was estimated to have sold only 45,000 copies when Frusciante ordered it out of print in 1998—when Frusciante rehabilitated and rejoined the Chili Peppers. Smile From the Streets You Hold was withdrawn from the market a year later. In 1999 Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt was re-released on American Recordings. In the early 2000s, Frusciante has said he plans to re-release Smile From the Streets You Hold sometime in the future, but has not given any indication as to when."

Guest deathbydrums

to record only water would be great, but these prices....

it's never been pressed to wax, doesn't look like they have plans to do so. it's my #1 fave frusciante album. : (

• 3 weeks later...