Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

The JCCC version of Too Tough was pretty good.

if by pretty good you mean god awful, sure.

that wasn't part of the 'official' Clearview/Cold Front tribute series either. McCrackins did it.

i did a thread a while ago about what would be good bands to do albums...

i always thought i'd be cool for the Riverdales to do the last one,, but Ben hates Adios Amigos and is a general fun-hating douche these days anyway, so that will never happen. oh and not to mention Rdales are toast now. Maybe new SW lineup, but see previous sentence.

Groovie Ghoulies are also DOA obviously, so it'd have to be Kepi Solo...

Also, obviously, those albums aren't that great compared to the earlier ones.

SW-Ramones

Queers-Rocket to Russia

Vindictives-Leave Home

MTX-Road to Ruin

Boris the Sprinkler-End of the Century

Parasites-It's Alive Jap import single LP version

McCrackins-Too Tough to Die

Beatnik Termites-Pleasant Dreams

so that leaves:

here are some random suggestions

Subterranean Jungle - Dillinger Four

Animal Boy  - Squirtgun

Halfway to Sanity - Toys that Kill

Brain Drain -- Kepi Ghoulie

Mondo Bizarro - Masked Intruder

Acid Eaters - Night Birds

¡Adios Amigos! - Dan Vapid & the Cheats

Ramones Mania - TBR 2xLP!

Just got my test pressings! That was fast!

They're pretty glorious. Nice high-gloss covers, with really nice heavy-weight black inner sleeves. The packaging is just really, really well done.

The way the A-sides and B-sides don't match up is kind of weird. Like, the record in the Backchannel Broadcast jacket will have the A-side of Backchannel Broadcast, but the B-Side of Shit Out Of Luck. They're all mixed up like that. Is that how the box set is gonna be, or is it just a test pressing thing? Regardless, I don't mind. I've heard most of these enough that it'll be interesting to hear them all mixed up.

Thank you, again, to Todd for the tests. You're awesome, and I'm super excited to give these a spin. And they arrived just in time to give me some new records to get snowed in with.

Now I can't wait to blow a load of cash on the TNR box set after seeing how nicely this came out.

its just the way the test pressings are, the actual records wont be that way. its a cool change up for tests. since thats really the only way youll be able to tell the difference from the standard black pressing of the box set

I was thinking that might be the case, since the tests had the standard labels, rather than blanks.

doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of getting a test pressing though? for like, what they are really for.

spoken like a guy who didnt get any tests :D

kidding, but yeah, what jake said. its pretty cool/different. and he still gets the test presses of the music, so it still works.

no, i have 0 interest in collecting/owning test pressings. but as a label i would prob want a test of 100% exactly what is to be pressed before signing off on it. it's my ingrained project manager/publishing/editor CYA experience. hah.

altho i suppose you could more easily judge sound continuity across the box set that way, i guess if that was something you were concerned with.