PO: Frightened Rabbit- Pedestrian Verse

• 1 month later...

here is a preorder from amazon...looks like they only have the IMPORT version for USA...guessing there will be a stateside issue...as sadly they are now on atlantic...(which often means the death of a good band..ok near death) example DCFC

http://www.amazon.com/Pedestrian-Verse-Frightened-Rabbit/dp/B00A2A2U8I/ref=mb_oe_l

• 2 weeks later...

USA...patience it will come...they are no a MAJOR LABEL NOW! they did a domestic with their last one and they were on FATCAT....so they will FOR SURE do it for the new one! I bet you'll be able to find one in every record store in the USA the week it comes out

I'm not so sure...when I checked it out on iTunes it said Atlantic UK limited or something a long those lines...not so sure how wide of a U.S. release this will have. Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right, but it's already almost January and there's no US pre-order...

• 2 weeks later...

"Frightened Rabbit’s new single ‘The Woodpile’ is now available from to download on iTunes from today! It’s only available in the UK & Australia currently so the rest of you will have to sit tight.

They’ll be a 7″ vinyl version made available later on this month if you prefer something more tangible."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Insound has the USA preorder up!!! Told ya'll

Not so sure about that. Where does it say on the Insound page that it's a US pre-order? Its $22 without shipping while Amazon has had it for $17 for a little while now. Both of them say it is being released by Atlantic Records, so I don't think this being up for pre-order under the same label as before is any evidence that it is a US version. Especially since the ones at Insound at $5 more than at Amazon.

I just think they are all still UK versions and Amazon just ordered more than anyone else so they will be able to sell it for the best price.

Here is the link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Pedestrian-Verse-Frightened-Rabbit/dp/B00A2A2U8I/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1359188689&sr=8-7&keywords=frightened+rabbit

it would be odd to sell a UK import for only 17 on amazon....but who knows...im betting it is the usa version!

but regardless doesn't matter as long as their is an affordable option for US thats all that I care about 

insound usually has their stuff a little over typical price...and for a major label to sell a standard vinyl for $25 is common practice these days....unfortunately 

not trying to argue..but typically amazon states it is an import if its not a US pressing (of course not always)

but for example midnight organ fight: http://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Organ-Fight-Frightened-Rabbit/dp/B00133FBFC/ref=sr_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1359346912&sr=1-5&keywords=frightened+rabbit+vinyl

was only pressed in the UK

it would be odd to sell a UK import for only 17 on amazon....but who knows...im betting it is the usa version!

but regardless doesn't matter as long as their is an affordable option for US thats all that I care about 

insound usually has their stuff a little over typical price...and for a major label to sell a standard vinyl for $25 is common practice these days....unfortunately 

not trying to argue..but typically amazon states it is an import if its not a US pressing (of course not always)

but for example midnight organ fight: http://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Organ-Fight-Frightened-Rabbit/dp/B00133FBFC/ref=sr_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1359346912&sr=1-5&keywords=frightened+rabbit+vinyl

was only pressed in the UK

Yea, your probably right. Amazon just confuses me. I don't think the listing on there ever said "import" but the price was up around $22 or $23 a month ago. Unsure how or why it dropped about $6 since then, but I'm all for it regardless of where it's coming from. Can't wait to hear this record.

• 2 weeks later...

So this album was released today and it's as great as I had hoped...

The deluxe iTunes version has 3 bonus tracks - all really good as well, and two tour documentary videos.

The vinyl is delayed until March 5th I believe...

There is a deluxe CD version that includes the 3 bonus tracks and a DVD with the two tour documentary videos as well.