No Shave November... hear me out

I know most of us fancy our hirsuteness. and the month of november, novembeard, movember, whichever your preference, it is a special time for us. scruff is in full force, and everywhere you go looks like a bon iver concert.

but let's make it more than that. i want to employ my fellow VCers to make no shave november really mean something.

two things happen on november 1st. the razors are cast of their batteries. also, all the pink goes away. after a month of breast cancer awareness being everywhere- from our lapels, to our football games, and even all the way to our wrestling ropes. it's ubiquitous to say the least.

so why can't men have november to do the very same? for now i really only see no shave november as a trend of our generation. and up until this year, i had never even heard of Movember; a movement started back in 2004 to raise prostate cancer awareness. basically, exactly what i'm calling for. except, i think everyone can agree that a month simply isn't long enough for like 90% of men to grow a lone mustache on the right side of creepy.

all in all, what i'm looking for is for a few people to help me out. to kind of tinker with the idea and a better presentation, and then just share it on every social network you're currently on. if even 10-15 people from this board did that, it would reach a pretty wide network.

or.. just share pictures of your progress.

1Q3BX.jpg

I had to trim mine hardcore for work. Sucked so much. Adam Fox, come post your epic beard.

and that's kind of where i'm going with this. there are a lot of jobs out there that are strict on facial hair. make this a month where men are given the opportunity to let it ride.

It seems Movember is pretty big in San Diego. I remember hearing about for quite some time. I don't know what more we can add. I think during october people should already be growing out their mustache at least so the beard can just make it's way by Thanksgiving. Also guys, a lot of combing helps pull the hair out of the follicle! (sometimes the hair is in grown, but not necessarily infected or anything like that, just needs to be combed.)

It seems Movember is pretty big in San Diego. I remember hearing about for quite some time. I don't know what more we can add. I think during october people should already be growing out their mustache at least so the beard can just make it's way by Thanksgiving. Also guys, a lot of combing helps pull the hair out of the follicle! (sometimes the hair is in grown, but not necessarily infected or anything like that, just needs to be combed.)

i just believe it deserves the same kind of attention that breast cancer awareness does. without saying "ugh we have to deal with all this pink shit for women for a month!"

every man in america should be growing it out.

I tried... and failed. Stopped shaving on September 1st and made it through until last week before I decided to shave again.

Turns out all I can grow are crazy ugly mutton chops and pretty much nothing else.

I feel ya, my beard is actually growing in quite dark this year, but my chin hairs and cheek area are platinum blonde

Currently working on a terrible red mustache that will eventually make me look like a Ned Flanders cosplay. Typically I don't do facial hair, as I tend to look like a little kid with a Kool-Aid issue, but I made the exception this year. Pictures to follow once it looks more than just a kid in a trailer parks failed attempt at facial hair.