So 'Old Republic' is free to play now...

For n00bs like me who have completely missed the boat on all Star Wars games, what's the deal with this one? It's like an RPG, right?

Like a RPG, more of a MMO. Lots of similarities to WOW when it comes to questing/leveling/builds but with an acutal story to go along with each of the characters that keep things interesting.

if anyone gets an "input not supported" shit on their monitor after booting up the game, hit ALT+ENTER to drop it to windowed mode, and alt+enter again to put it back in full. this should work, at least it did for me. lowering your in-game resolution after doing this should fix it for good.

i don't know what causes this problem, but giving it a hard reset will only give you an "input not supported" alert when booting up windows that can't be avoided, and can only be fixed with a system restore.

it's pretty annoying, and apparently a fairly common problem.

i started as a jedi. i played until i took the taxi over the hill then shut it off to do dad stuff.

i suck at enjoying MMOs and i also hate pretty much everything bioware has done, but I'm a huge star wars fan so i'm going to give it a few hours of my time after the kids go to bed in hopes of enjoying it.

i've loved the cutscenes so far and kinda want to keep playing just to see how that story plays out.