Best place to buy Pro-Ject Carbon?

Well, I gave it a shot. Ordered 10 copies of the Yeah Yeah Yeah's "Zero" single at 1.99 each and the Pro-ject Debut Carbon (Gloss Black). Just like everyone before with similar orders, mine was a shade under $294 with the free shipping. Fingers crossed it works...

My speed box ii is listed as "in stock" so i should be able to let you know in a day whether or not this deal actually still works. (they typically ship their "in stock" items within 24 hours) 

I placed an order on Insound (phono preamp and acrylic platter) 6 days ago and tried emailing them and calling them about a shipping confirmation (since my order confirmation email said that shipping usually takes 24 hours). Not sure if it's because of the holidays, but I still have no reply and no shipping confirmation.

Did your order wind up processing again? If so I might just pick up that integrated amp you mentioned.

Hasn't been processed yet.  They moved my speedbox ii from "in stock" to "backorder", though they haven't cancelled my order yet.  If you're even thinking about attempting to do it, you'll need to hurry and try it ASAP because I believe the deal already ended at midnight???

Got an email from Insound:

I am sorry for the delay responding to this matter. Checking the order, it looks like it was placed for but a glitch had altered the order. The holiday promotion for 30% off only applies to CDs. However, this seems to have been activated for all the items in the order. The holiday page on the front the site had been updated in early December to make this distinction clear, as some orders were placed and customers were confused as to why the CDs had only been discounted. Our tech team is working to adjust this issue, as it seems to have changed recently due to a glitch. Would you like the order to remain intact with the updated discount or would you like the order closed?

Best,
-John

So they're not honoring new orders?

Hmm...I never received an e-mail like above after placing my order. Hopefully mine still goes through...

Yeah, I'm definitely keeping my mouth shut about it this time around as I know this discount wasn't supposed to go through.  No point in trying to tip them off to cancel my order...  Still haven't received an email yet either.  Hopefully ours slips through the cracks if we keep quiet about it.

I emailed them again and told them that they should honor my order since the shopping cart reflected the price after discount. They stopped responding to me, so I just told them to cancel the order so that I could order my Rega Fono Mini on Sound Stage Direct, since it's the last day of their 11% off sale.

I have a feeling people at Insound are freaking out right now because they have all these orders that can't be fulfilled. Someone's getting fired haha.

Not to be a pessimist, but I don't think it's going to work out. If I didn't reach out to Insound, I'm pretty sure they would have just ignored my order and not even send an email notification saying it had been cancelled. Therefore, I reached out to them and finally managed to get a 15% discount on the acrylic platter that I ordered.

I doubt you can get the 15% discount anymore (I think it was a November/December promotion) on the Pro-ject Debut Carbon, though, since they didn't let me get the discount on the cheaper phono preamp I wanted.

Not to be a pessimist, but I don't think it's going to work out. If I didn't reach out to Insound, I'm pretty sure they would have just ignored my order and not even send an email notification saying it had been cancelled. Therefore, I reached out to them and finally managed to get a 15% discount on the acrylic platter that I ordered.

I doubt you can get the 15% discount anymore (I think it was a November/December promotion) on the Pro-ject Debut Carbon, though, since they didn't let me get the discount on the cheaper phono preamp I wanted.

Or it could be someone in the sales department doesn't communicate with the warehouse buyer and the backorder that has been placed, arrives and ships. Until I get an email stating a cancellation or something, Im just gonna leave it as is and not try to tip someone off on my order. If it gets cancelled, Ill try for the 15% off and if I cant get that, I can get that acrylic platter for $106 shipped elsewhere and get the speedbox for about $130 shipped. Still will be able to get both on my $240 budget, just minus the $20 record brush and the 10 CDs I dont really want. 

• 2 weeks later...

Musician's Friend has another 15% off deal going on right now. Input the code "PAUL15" at checkout to receive 15% off one item, and the promotion ends today.

Also, it looks like the only color of the Carbon they have left is yellow, so...

Haha I like yellow the best but was gonna get black just because it blends in so well. Yellow it is!