Best place to buy Pro-Ject Carbon?

Been through quite a few records now and do notice a bit of a static issue still especially as I've progressed to some more quiet albums. I am convinced it is this platter as I hear static as I lift the record and imagine the stylus is picking every bit of static up. It isn't nearly as bad at the last turntable (which clearly had an internal grounding issue elevating the crackling). Am I right to think that replacing the platter should lower the static or do I just need a better brush (because mine is obviously not doing the job)?

Very true, I will be on the look out for one pretty cheap. Any specific model or do any f the Miltys work fine? I see red and blue ones on the market. I don't have any experience with them, do you "shoot it" as the record is spinning to cover the entire space or is there a different procedure to follow?

Got my yellow Carbon in the mail last night. Set it up today. My first record is Olafur Arnalds "And They Have Escaped The Weight of Darkness".  Wow. I'm floored. I just got the record yesterday, so I never played it on my $100 Best Buy TT, but this thing is blowing me away. It's only been 5 minutes and I am already extremely extremely happy with the purchase.

Very true, I will be on the look out for one pretty cheap. Any specific model or do any f the Miltys work fine? I see red and blue ones on the market. I don't have any experience with them, do you "shoot it" as the record is spinning to cover the entire space or is there a different procedure to follow?

They're piezoelectric so they are supposed to have a limited number of uses ~100,000 I think? Milty is the main manufacturer I've seen. If you're looking for used, I'd go with the model 3 (newest) since you run less chance of the uses being depleted, right? There's an action involved, you have to fully depress and release the trigger while pointed at the record surface.

Every single place that I've checked recently doesn't have any carbons in stock. Most places are sold out of the Pro-Ject Speedbox S as well, which is kind of pain. Apparently Sumiko - the US importer - only gets shipments from the Czech Republic once a month. I bought mine last year at Ameoba in SF and they haven't been able to stock the Carbon since I purchased it. 

Sucks that you guys have to wait so long for your TT to come in.

Every single place that I've checked recently doesn't have any carbons in stock. Most places are sold out of the Pro-Ject Speedbox S as well, which is kind of pain. Apparently Sumiko - the US importer - only gets shipments from the Czech Republic once a month. I bought mine last year at Ameoba in SF and they haven't been able to stock the Carbon since I purchased it. 

Sucks that you guys have to wait so long for your TT to come in.

I'm in the market for an acylic platter and the speedbox. This would explain why they are out of stock everywhere. 

Got my Acryl-it from needle doctor and that shipped immediately. Got my speedbox s from Crutchfield and that took around 3 weeks to ship.

They are both out of stock. I should have purchased them a couple months ago like I intended but I didn't know how long it was going to take to actually get my turntable in again. 

Sent an e-mail to Insound the other day and the guy who runs things it seems, told me that I could switch out for green, black or blue and while the green probably would've been a great choice I went with blue. Now my order has shipped. Thanks randomfortunepa for the suggestion. Let you guys know what happens once I receive it!!!! 

Not sure if this has been posted but Insound tells me the Carbon is out of stock because there was a certain amount of them that had to be recalled. They are still waiting on new ones to arrive from Pro-Ject/Sumiko.

Yeah, a few months ago there were a few that had to be recalled. They've been slowly getting new ones shipped every week. 

Got my white Carbon earlier this week (sorry vinylfilmaholic). Sounds great. Much better than my old Technics table/Shure cart. Between this and my speaker upgrade a few months back to Definitive BP8bs I'm very pleased with my current setup. My upstairs neighbor, however... Not so much :P

Finally got it, and after about 30 minutes of setting it up (that damn anti-skating thing and the tracking force!) I'm spinning my favorite albums and new ones I had yet to open. Currently spinning Saosin. Sounds fantastic running through my new Yamaha R-S300 into some thrift store Panasonic speakers (will most likely upgrade these soon). First disc I spun was Skrillex "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" and I felt like my bedroom had turned into a happening club. Thanks everyone for recommending this beast to me, I'm looking forward to years of use from it!