Incubus on vinyl

torres

This.

I've waiting years for these albums to get the vinyl treatment, and this is what they give us. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond stoked to finally have them, and they sound, surprisingly, superb. But the graphic design of these records are a disgrace. Blurred, blown up prints do not cut it for the album art in my opinion. And for me, the artwork is just as important as the record itself; it's art as a whole, that's incomplete. And don't get me started on the spines. haha

Big album art is a large part of my vinyl experience and why I buy records.

Outside of the album, I'd say these would probably rank as the most prized vinyl releases from the band...

Familiar/S.C.I.E.N.C.E Instrumentals

- 5 of the tracks are only available on the vinyl

Are You In (Oakenfold Remixes promo)

- Only legitimate remix of any Incubus song

Let Me Tell Y'all About Rootbeer

- Only release to contain the New Skin demo

- Only vinyl version of Azwethinkweiz.

Talk Shows On Mute

- Yellow pressing

- Contains 2 songs from their BBC Radio 1 Session which weren't released anywhere else (Hello wasn't performed in Japan, that's a misprint) besides the cd version of the single

Pardon Me

- Red pressing

- Only vinyl release with the acoustic version of Pardon Me

Promises, Promises

- Only vinyl release featuring "Rebel Girls"

Also something to keep in mind. According to Brandon in an interview he did a while back, all songs pre-Morning View were recorded to tape. Everything since Morning View and beyond was recorded digitally.

Hey guys, one of the posters at the Incubus Online forum is doing this small project where everyone posts what numbers they have for each Black Friday Incubus LP release and includes what store and city they purchased them from. If you guys don't want to post on that forum, you can post your number for each album an store/city and I'll pass on your info to the forum. We're trying to compile all the numbers to see how they were distributed geographically. If you got yours online, you'd just say "online".

http://www.incubusview.com/messboard/viewtopic.php?t=31774

Here's mine as an example...

S.C.I.E.N.C.E - No. 1331

Make Yourself - No. 0043

Morning View - No. 0041

A Crow Left of the Murder - No. 1759

Light Grenades - No. 1413

Evolution Records - Lakeland, FL

Hey guys, one of the posters at the Incubus Online forum is doing this small project where everyone posts what numbers they have for each Black Friday Incubus LP release and includes what store and city they purchased them from. If you guys don't want to post on that forum, you can post your number for each album an store/city and I'll pass on your info to the forum. We're trying to compile all the numbers to see how they were distributed geographically. If you got yours online, you'd just say "online".

http://www.incubusvi...pic.php?t=31774

S.C.I.E.N.C.E - No. 1331

Make Yourself - No. 0043

Morning View - No. 0041

Thanks for sharing this! I just entered my information

http://www.incubusview.com/messboard/viewtopic.php?t=31774

S.C.I.E.N.C.E - No. 1331

Make Yourself - No. 0043

Morning View - No. 0041

There's not going to be a correlation between the numbers and where they were bought. I know my numbers are completely random. Same go for a few friends of mine who also picked up the records. Just a heads up. But overall, I guess this a cool idea.

There not going to be a correlation between the numbers and where they were bought. I know my numbers are completely random. Same go for a few friends of mine who also picked up the records. Just a heads up. But overall, I guess this a cool idea.

Ohhh we know this, really we're just doing it for fun and cause we're a bunch of incu-nerds.