Incubus on vinyl

torres

Didn't see any thread worth bumping so I figured it would be better to start a new one. I would also edit this post whenever there are new updates worth mentioning. I help mod at the Incubus Online forum, but there are some fans out here that don't go to that forum who collect Incubus on vinyl.

Anyways, how is everyone here digging the new Black Friday presses? Haven't gotten through them all, but S.C.I.E.N.C.E and Make Yourself sound awesome!

Also, for anyone wonder what all vinyl is out there, here's a rough list (let me know if I missed any)...

Jukebox 7-inches

Drive

Wish You Were Here

Megalomaniac

Singles

Let Me Tell Y'all About Rootbeer (7-inch)

Shaft (7-inch split with The Urge's "Brainless", Korn's "Shoots and Ladders", and Far's "In The Aisle Yelling")

A Certain Shade of Green (7-inch split with Far's "Mother Mary")

Glass (split 7 inch with Far's "Water and Solutions")

Pardon Me (7-inch red)

Drive (7-inch)

Are You In? (12-inch)

Megalomaniac (7-inch black, red)

Talk Shows On Mute (7-inch yellow)

Promises, Promises (7-inch)

Studio Albums

S.C.I.E.N.C.E (2012 180 gram)

Make Yourself (2012 180 gram)

Morning View (2001 standard weight, 2012 180 gram)

A Crow Left of the Murder (2004 120 gram US pressing, 2004 120 gram EU pressing, 2012 180 gram)

Light Grenades (2012 180 gram)

Monuments and Melodies (2009 120 gram)

If Not Now, When? (2011 180 gram)

Live Albums

hq live june 30, 2011 (2012 180 gram)

hq live july 1, 2011 (2012 180 gram)

best of hq live (2012 180 gram)

hq live july 6, 2011 (2012 180 gram)

Compilations feat. Incubus

Family Values Tour '98 (live version of "New Skin")

Strait Up -Tribute to Lynn Strait ("Divided" feat. Brandon Boyd)

Loud Rocks ("Still Not A Player" w/Big Pun)

Other

S.C.I.E.N.C.E/Familiar Instrumentals

Morning View DJ Kilmore Samples

Are You In? (Paul Oakenfold Remixes)

Promotional Vinyl (Bootleg)

Pardon My Jungle (General Malice and N8LOC Remix)

Edited by torres

Torres there are also Megalomaniac, Dive, and Wish You Were Here jukebox singles

and an Original A Crow Left Of The Murder...(2004 EU Press) Meaning there are 3 total now.

Also, there are 2 Are You In? Promos not just one, there is a Grey Die Cut sleeve and the band cover one.

Then there are the extras:

Family Values Tour '98 Feat. New Skin (live)

Strait Up -Tribute to Lynn Strait Feat. Brandon Boyd Spoken Word

Loud Rocks - Doing a cover of "Not a Player"

I'm extremely happy that these albums are finally on vinyl! However, I really don't like the spine or the inside of the gatefold. I don't feel the Sony put enough effort into them (the spine especially). It would have been nice to have inserts and only one LP but, I'm just thankful that they are finally pressed!

I'm extremely happy that these albums are finally on vinyl! However, I really don't like the spine or the inside of the gatefold. I don't feel the Sony put enough effort into them (the spine especially). It would have been nice to have inserts and only one LP but, I'm just thankful that they are finally pressed!

THANK YOU this is EXACTLY how I feel. I feel like Sony/Legacy rushed this and some of the artwork has transitioned terribly. The Light Grenades lyrics/photos are crammed on one side of the gatefold. The back of Make Yourself is awful. And the spines they all look like each other. These albums represent 5 eras of Incubus and they did not continue the albums titles' font and Incubus font to the spines. I hate it!

THANK YOU this is EXACTLY how I feel. I feel like Sony/Legacy rushed this and some of the artwork has transitioned terribly. The Light Grenades lyrics/photos are crammed on one side of the gatefold. The back of Make Yourself is awful. And the spines they all look like each other. These albums represent 5 eras of Incubus and they did not continue the albums titles' font and Incubus font to the spines. I hate it!

I'm glad we feel the same way

its not sonys fault. whatever plant it was messed up. plus they kept it at a great price. remember the red hot chili peppers black friday release? wasnt gatefold or 180 gram and it costed 36.

and im sure if they said they can delay it and start over or give to you how it is on friday im sure a ton would demand them asap

This.

I've waiting years for these albums to get the vinyl treatment, and this is what they give us. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond stoked to finally have them, and they sound, surprisingly, superb. But the graphic design of these records are a disgrace. Blurred, blown up prints do not cut it for the album art in my opinion. And for me, the artwork is just as important as the record itself; it's art as a whole, that's incomplete. And don't get me started on the spines. haha

This.

I've waiting years for these albums to get the vinyl treatment, and this is what they give us. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond stoked to finally have them, and they sound, surprisingly, superb. But the graphic design of these records are a disgrace. Blurred, blown up prints do not cut it for the album art in my opinion. And for me, the artwork is just as important as the record itself; it's art as a whole, that's incomplete. And don't get me started on the spines. haha

I reiterate, it's nice to see that people feel the same way

its not sonys fault. whatever plant it was messed up. plus they kept it at a great price. remember the red hot chili peppers black friday release? wasnt gatefold or 180 gram and it costed 36.

and im sure if they said they can delay it and start over or give to you how it is on friday im sure a ton would demand them asap

I don't know much about the RHCP RSD releases because I don't really give a shit about them. I don't know how much these were in the US, but I can tell you that Sunrise Records was selling them for $34.99 each (luckily I had my Sunrise Member ID card and got them for $31.50 each). i don't want to argue, but I feel that Sony is completely to blame for the way these records turned out.