Converge Junkies HELP! re: You Fail Me 180G Euro

I have a rather picky question and I am going to need an experts help. I recently bought a copy of You Fail Me on black that was listed as a repress /2217. This is all well and everything, but the vinyl was suprisingly thick. My black repress of No Heroes is pretty thin, so it was odd. I know that from the first You Fail Me press, there was about 500 or so 180G "Euro Tour Version" copies sold. My question is... how can you tell the two apart? Worst case scenario, I will order one from DW store and compare the weight to know if I already have the Euro Version, but I doubt I do as the guy I bought it from sold it for $10 and had all kinds of rare Converge stuff. If the repress is this thick, I can't imagine how thick and heavy the 180G version is.

don't be a smartass and say, "it's 180 grams." :) i know, but we all know there is a huge variation on "180G vinyl" and their actual weight.

http://doug-wewillburyyou.blogspot.com/2010/11/converge-you-fail-me-no-heroes-2010.html

also found this blog. Tre from DW replied to it saying that the repress is on standard weight vinyl. I am going to compare my black no heroes to this black you fail me but I am pretty sure there is a major difference.

My euro press is 181 grams while the repress is 146 grams.

Euro bar code is slightly smaller then the represses. Euros bar code is 1 7/16th" long by 1/2" wide. Repress barcode is 1 3/8th" by 1/2".

Looks like the same matrix on both.

Euro has fold out poster while repress doesn't.

Euros red ink on the jacket is lighter. As least on mine

My euro press is 181 grams while the repress is 146 grams.

Euro bar code is slightly smaller then the represses. Euros bar code is 1 7/16th" long by 1/2" wide. Repress barcode is 1 3/8th" by 1/2".

Looks like the same matrix on both.

Euro has fold out poster while repress doesn't.

Euros red ink on the jacket is lighter. As least on mine

VERY HELPFUL! THANK YOU!

• 2 months later...

Black 180 gram was first press.

There were 552 of them.

It wasn't a Euro tour press.

The @ 1000 white vinyl was sold thru our UK distro though.

Represses on black were probably just on thicker vinyl due to luck.

thanks Tre. since this thread was posted, I have found a copy of the 180G.

definitely wouldn't have been able to tell the difference just by looking at the vinyl itself, but the barcode and inserts are the giveaway.