Anti-Flag Launch pre-order for "bacon" shaped picture disc

I just think its funny an "anti-conformist" and "anti-capitalist" band plays the Warped tour every year, plays at The Hard Rock Cafe and sells $16 novelty ep's. Then they put up the same record, but autographed, for sale? Give me a break.

They also hate cops except for when they stop 16 year old kids from bothering them at the Warped tour or when they stop 16 year old kids from coming backstage at the Hard Rock.

oh, that's what makes their music bad. I'm glad a 30 year old music connoisseur like yourself could grace us with your insightful and well-reasoned arguments. your maturity puts 16 year old anti-flag fans to shame...

and same to that other guy, too.

Sure, would you like some guidance? Or do you want to keep listening to childrens music? Up to you I guess???

I knew this guy sounded familiar! 

Seriously. The other section of this board is THE WORST. Good god, I cannot believe how littered this board is with some seriously awful kids music. 

( ^ from another thread)

So tell me, do you refer to every band you don't like as "childrens/kids music"?

I can back up my opinion. They have been rehashing the same boring sound since I first saw them which was when I was.....wait for it......14. Die for your government just came out. They would go on these long tangents on stage about how you can never trust big business and that cops suck and smash corporations etc etc. Then they go on huge tours and play in huge clubs sponsored by big business and corporations with cops working to protect the bands playing. These guys have been a joke for years.

The other thing is that they put out a $16 two song ep and you guys go crazy over buying it. Then they put out the same ep with autographs on it and you guys go nuts buying it. I am confused how you dont see how lame that is.

Have you seen them lately? A majority of the audience that digs them are 16 year old new punk kids. In a couple years they will joke about how they used to like them when they are now listening to indie rock and posting on vinyl collecting message boards.

I can back up my opinion. They have been rehashing the same boring sound since I first saw them which was when I was.....wait for it......14. Die for your government just came out. They would go on these long tangents on stage about how you can never trust big business and that cops suck and smash corporations etc etc. Then they go on huge tours and play in huge clubs sponsored by big business and corporations with cops working to protect the bands playing. These guys have been a joke for years.

The other thing is that they put out a $16 two song ep and you guys go crazy over buying it. Then they put out the same ep with autographs on it and you guys go nuts buying it. I am confused how you dont see how lame that is.

Have you seen them lately? A majority of the audience that digs them are 16 year old new punk kids. In a couple years they will joke about how they used to like them when they are now listening to indie rock and posting on vinyl collecting message boards.

You know, a lot of those same criticisms could be leveled against http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/81872-po-nofx-xmas-has-been-xednew-years-revolution/page-2#entry1388894'>NOFX - Their sound hasn't changed much in the last 20 years, they rail against corporations while playing corporate venues, they rant about social issues, and they have a predominantly young audience that will one day laugh over the fact that they once liked the band (I know several of my friends are that way).  And people still went apeshit over that $200 boxset they just put up and while that's a significantly better deal than Bacon, any self-respecting NOFX fan would have already had most of those albums in their collection.  So a lot of the people who jumped on that boxset are re-buying albums they already have, which is something that's never really made a lot of sense to me.

I actually love both bands - Both were pivotal during my early days of exploring punk rock and music in general.  I'm just saying live and let live, dude.  You don't like their music, that's one thing.  But hating on a band because of the average age of their audience or what you perceive to be hypocrisy or the band's decision to put out a special release for their fans is pretty petty and nonsensical.

First off, I don't think any band could play a show and tell the venue to not have security that night to show their against it, that's pretty dumb. Their so called "boring" sound obviously appeals to enough people for them to tour the world. 

You act like they sold a $16 two song 7". It was a picture disc shaped like bacon that was more then a novelty then anything and your going to complain about that? I'm sure if one of your favorite bands released a cool shaped picture disc you'd be all over it. It sold out pretty fast so now they have a $6 regular 7" for the people who didn't get it. Don't really see anything lame about that.

And yes, I have seen them lately. I'd say the crowd was mostly 18-25 year olds. Sure there was a few kids under 17, but almost every show I've been to has those. So I don't know if you've seen them lately.

The point is, just because you don't like them and you don't agree with what they're preaching, doesn't mean they are the most god awful band on the planet. Move on man.

I heard NOFX around the same time I heard Anti-Flag. The thing about NOFX is that they have always been tongue in cheek. Anti-Flag has not.

I didn't buy the box set because ( like you previously stated) I already own most of the releases that were included in it. The box set is not a novelty its more of a discography. The $200 price tag is not out of line for a 14 (?) LP boxset. A $16 bacon shaped ep with 2 anticop ( how edgy!) songs on it is a blanton cash grab.

Then to release the same thing on an autographed (wowie!) ep is a even bigger cash grab. If a band I liked released something like this I wouldn't buy it.

You act like they sold a $16 two song 7". It was a picture disc shaped like bacon that was more then a novelty then anything and your going to complain about that? I'm sure if one of your favorite bands released a cool shaped picture disc you'd be all over it. It sold out pretty fast so now they have a $6 regular 7" for the people who didn't get it. Don't really see anything lame about that.

word.  and $15 for a die-cut picture disc isn't an outrageous price (owth has something similar for ~$11, but it doesn't look as intricately cut, so I assume this was more expensive to produce... maybe I'm wrong), and $6.50 for a 7" is pretty much par for the course (based on the other top selling 7"s on interpunk), so the autograph is just a bonus.  I don't recall anyone freaking out and saying "OMGOMGOMG!  it's autographed?!?  gotta have it!!!"

so yeah, I don't really see either of these as a cash grab.  one is expensive because of the novelty/funness of it, while the other was done so more people can have the music at a ~fair price (with the bonus of having autographs).

word.  and $15 for a die-cut picture disc isn't an outrageous price (owth has something similar for ~$11, but it doesn't look as intricately cut, so I assume this was more expensive to produce... maybe I'm wrong), and $6.50 for a 7" is pretty much par for the course (based on the other top selling 7"s on interpunk), so the autograph is just a bonus.  I don't recall anyone freaking out and saying "OMGOMGOMG!  it's autographed?!?  gotta have it!!!"

so yeah, I don't really see either of these as a cash grab.  one is expensive because of the novelty/funness of it, while the other was done so more people can have the music at a ~fair price (with the bonus of having autographs).

Reached my like amount for the day, but i like this :)

I listen to Anti-Flag because they're fun. Bottom line.

Sure, the "cops suck, corporate America sucks, you suck" thing has gotten a little old, but they still write good music (the last album was killer).

I love it when bands release interesting things like this that you won't find from anywhere else, couldn't resist grabbing one!