Anti-Flag Launch pre-order for "bacon" shaped picture disc

It can't really be argued that this release (and the subsequent autographed immediate re-release) pretty much goes against their entire anti-corporate mentality.

Isn't that all they are in the first place?

So then, what's the point?

I know it can't be argued, but I'm a glutton for losing arguments, so here goes:

- both the picture disc and the standard release were put out through their own label, A-F records

- both the picture disc and the standard release were pressed by pirates press (even if pirates press is a corporation, I'm pretty sure it's not the kind that they're anti-)

- the picture disc was exclusive to the anti-flag store, and the standard release (at least the only version of it that I'm aware of) is exclusive to interpunk (again, even if interpunk is a corporation, I'm pretty sure it's not the kind that they're anti-)

so how exactly does this go against their "entire anti-corporate mentality"?  I know you've already won the argument, but I'm curious to find out where the lapse in my judgment is.

and to answer your questions: 1) no, they're a band and 2) to release music and make a living.  pretty simple...

This thread brings the dumbness.  Everyone has an opinion: music, movies, books, cologne, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, paper, plastic, boxers, briefs, blondes, brunettes.  Whatever, just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to bash on someone else; instead, go check out the Ass Appreciation thread and move along.  I'm sure anyone bagging on those whom enjoy Anti-Flag have some pretentious bullshit record that somebody else can't stand buried somewhere in their collection.  

As for being 31 and not digging Anti-Flag, I'm 29 and still enjoy listening to Anti-Flag, not as much as I did when I was 17, but shit brings the nostalgia.  I also have the absolute worst taste in music, but I also give zero fucks about it.  

Case and point, the thread was posted to discuss a record, not the fact that anyone here has found themselves becoming a grumpy old curmudgeon that only finds happiness from the Netflix documentary section.

First off, I don't think any band could play a show and tell the venue to not have security that night to show their against it, that's pretty dumb. Their so called "boring" sound obviously appeals to enough people for them to tour the world. 

Show security is lame. Back stages are lame. Punk bands are not full of rock stars. Nickelback's music appeals to enough people to tour the world. Should I start collecting all of their records?

Show security is lame. Back stages are lame. Punk bands are not full of rock stars. Nickelback's music appeals to enough people to tour the world. Should I start collecting all of their records?

That would be sick if they put out an overpriced picture disk that looked like a Nickel!

It would probably sell out so fast. I'd buy three just to flip a couple.

Not that I disagree with his points, but this teeny bopper thing is getting old.

It wont get old until this board stops being littered with it. This board is like the "teenagers introduction to vinyl" board. Its sad really. Im only around maybe for 2-3 threads that stick around on the first few pages. The only reason Im in this thread is because it involved bacon. Id literally never take a single recommendation from anyone on here regarding music.

That would be sick if they put out an overpriced picture disk that looked like a Nickel!

It would probably sell out so fast. I'd buy three just to flip a couple.

I would frame one, play one and trade one. 

This thread brings the dumbness.  Everyone has an opinion: music, movies, books, cologne, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, paper, plastic, boxers, briefs, blondes, brunettes.  Whatever, just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to bash on someone else; instead, go check out the Ass Appreciation thread and move along.  I'm sure anyone bagging on those whom enjoy Anti-Flag have some pretentious bullshit record that somebody else can't stand buried somewhere in their collection.  

All my records are Gem mint ten and they are all 1/1's. I own no filler. I made a comment in another thread about how I feel some people on here buy vinyl for the sake of it because its vinyl. I was flamed hard for it. This is an example of what I am talking about.

In all honesty buy whatever you want. The more overpriced records you guys buy means the pressing plant made money. This means the plant can stay in business to press something I care about. 

i don't think it's fair to write off a nearly 20 year old band based on one silly, over-the-top gimmicky release. yeah, they're a very politically charged band, but that doesn't mean they can't indulge in fun once in a while.

Politics are not fun!

Also another two song Anti-flag record is up for preorder. Grab it now! It's actually the same song on both sides. But BUY BUY BUY. Capitalism sucks tho.

It wont get old until this board stops being littered with it. This board is like the "teenagers introduction to vinyl" board. Its sad really. Im only around maybe for 2-3 threads that stick around on the first few pages. The only reason Im in this thread is because it involved bacon. Id literally never take a single recommendation from anyone on here regarding music.

I completely agree but I just find the term teeny bopper to be kind of...weird. I don't socialize very much, so I was under the impression that stuff like this died off back when becoming a fake glasses wearing douche became cool. Frequenting these boards is like stepping into a whole different universe of music and it is pretty fun to laugh at most of the time.

The fact that Mumford And Sons are actually listened to is one of the most depressing things ever.

I completely agree but I just find the term teeny bopper to be kind of...weird. I don't socialize very much, so I was under the impression that stuff like this died off back when becoming a fake glasses wearing douche became cool. Frequenting these boards is like stepping into a whole different universe of music and it is pretty fun to laugh at most of the time.

The fact that Mumford And Sons are actually listened to is one of the most depressing things ever.

I wish there was a better term for it but unfortunately there is not.

Once again this brings me to my point. Who cares what anyone else listens to? You act like just because people collect vinyl, that makes them HAVE to like whatever genre you're getting at (i think you said indie rock earlier?) Collect what you want, let others collect what they want. Moving on.

But........ you can play both songs on each side. Flip it and your good to go again! I bought it. Fuck it, sucker for a gimmick I guess. I plan on listening to it while sipping on my starbucks coffee. Why? because I stopped being pissed off at everything 15 years ago and like to enjoy life and music.

Politics are not fun!

Also another two song Anti-flag record is up for preorder. Grab it now! It's actually the same song on both sides. But BUY BUY BUY. Capitalism sucks tho.

You know what's far more embarrassing then being in an anti corporate, anti police, anti government band? Being an adult on a message board arguing that Anti-Flag isn't punk. You sure you're not still 14? Because that's what I was doing when I was 14. 

You know what's far more embarrassing then being in an anti corporate, anti police, anti government band? Being an adult on a message board arguing that Anti-Flag isn't punk. You sure you're not still 14? Because that's what I was doing when I was 14. 

Uh oh someone does not like my opinion. I better change it. I love Anti-Flag. I hope they but out a 1 song 12" about how buying expensive stuff is stupid and charge $30 for it. I'll grab 3 of them.

One to frame,One to play, One to trade.

Uh oh someone does not like my opinion. I better change it. I love Anti-Flag. I hope they but out a 1 song 12" about how buying expensive stuff is stupid and charge $30 for it. I'll grab 3 of them.

This whole thread is you bitching about people liking them. That's their opinion. You're just complaining to complain at this point.