Man of Steel

3arl

I can understand the criticisms, especially from you patthickey. The only thing I can't understand was how you could be bored by it. The fight scenes did drag on, but it was dead quiet in the theatre because it literally sucked everyone in-I didn't here any stupid banter from anyone.

It's like they merged the first star trek and batman begins into one movie, which is pretty cool to me.

And they're TOTALLY going to set this up like batman begins, they just have to find the right Luthor.

Lebowski, you'll appreciate this. And anyone else who liked Smallville.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/news/smallville-connections-in-man-of-steel-spoilers/

I saw it again today. It held up for sure

It's cool but those are some pretty subtle references. I wasn't looking that deeply. Vaguely remember all those meteor freaks they were talking about.

That is true, but that doesn't mean I can't tell if I a movie is good or not.

I guess I just picked up on a weak script and stuff because I like movies with more words and less explosions.

I mean any movie written only by Goyer isn't going to have the worlds strongest script. The guy works best when he writes with other people. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there is lots of talking footage that scrapped by whichever studio exec had final cut.

It's cool but those are some pretty subtle references. I wasn't looking that deeply. Vaguely remember all those meteor freaks they were talking about.

Yeah, nothing mind blowing. Just a couple of cool things. A friend picked up on Dr. Hamilton in the theater, which was cool to see firsthand. I noticed the Lexcorp truck that dropped Clark off at his house. And the Pete and Lana were a nice added touch. 

next one will be lex like the second nolan batman was joker.

They kind of defied conventional logic by not going with the Joker in the fist Batman movie. Could easily do it again and not use Luthor in the 1st or 2nd.

Not saying I think it will happen, just that if Nolan is pulling the strings at the highest level and he sees an arc that brings another villian in the second movie, I trust he would go that route.

ugh, not sure I like hearing the words "fast tracked" with a movie franchise that already relies heavily on CGI work... I think im going to go see this again this weekend, ha

Didn't read the article yet but maybe going right back into shooting would have everyone fresh and working smoothly rather than having to re-establish that cohesion? Just trying to spin it in the only positive way I can.

at this point, i think i would rather just see a batman+superman "world's finest" type movie than a JL movie. they're going to have to reboot batman, and have a wonder woman movie (ehhh) before they do a JL movie. wasn't the GL movie garbage?

It was one of the worst superhero movie attempts ever.

at this point, i think i would rather just see a batman+superman "world's finest" type movie than a JL movie. they're going to have to reboot batman, and have a wonder woman movie (ehhh) before they do a JL movie. wasn't the GL movie garbage?

it sounds like they want to do MOS 2 then, JLA. If the characters do well enough they'll get their own movies.

I also like that the girl at the end "he's kinda hot" being "major carrie farris" means she contradicts the carol farris in the green lantern movie. meaning the ryan reynolds green lantern isn't a part of this universe. thank god.

Six DC universe characters teased in Man Of Steel: http://www.slashfilm.com/six-dc-universe-characters-teased-in-man-of-steel/