So that USPS check I got for my claim wasn't addressed to me, it was addressed to my BIRTH YEAR.

Now I'm jumping through hoops trying to get them to reissue this check and they keep referring to me as Mr. Fisher.

Go awaaaay.

ahaha i am somehow not surprised that usps messed something up so badly.

my dad gets things addressed to frank james all the time. the perils of having two first names.

so let me tell you all my 'getting my prescription for adderall filled' saga of the last two days.

i have to get a pre-authorization for it once a year because it's basically speed, so it's classified as a 'controlled substance'. for the same reason, they won't refill it unless i only have, like, a week's worth of pills left, or less. so on tuesday i take my 90 day prescription to the cvs pharmacy i always take it to (my presciption benefits are through cvs) and they dont have any. so they call the two other cvs locations close to me. they don't have any either. i ask the girl what i'm supposed to do, she looks at me like i have 16 eyes and tells me to try weis market or giant. ok. so i go to weis. the lady there tries to fill it, but says she can't because a. i need a new pre-authorization and b. they can only give me a 30 day supply, not a 90 day. (it costs the same whether i get a 30 day or 90 day, so no way in hell do i want the 30). she gives me a number for my doctor to call to get it pre-authorized and advises i find a cvs that can get me the 90 days. ok.

wednesday morning i call my doctor and explain it to them. they call cvs, then call me back and tell me they're mailing a physical copy of the pre-authorization, but it's in their system so i should be able to get my prescription filled immediately. i call the next closest cvs to me and they have a 90 day supply. my dad offers to go pick it up for me after work since i have a zillion things to do cuz i'm leaving for texas early friday morning. i get a call from him saying it's not authorized to be filled until april 18 and i have to call cvs caremark to get it figured out. ok. so i call them and they tell me that it says in the system that weis markets filled a 30 day supply for me and charged my insurance for it and they'd have to take it out of the system for me to get the 90 day at cvs. so i called weis and asked why and how they could even do that since a. i never asked them to, b. i wasn't even THERE that day, and c. they didn't have my original prescription. the guy made some excuses and claimed he took it out of the system 'an hour ago' and never even filled it. i called my dad back (who was still sitting in cvs), gave him this pharmacists number, and the cvs pharmacist called him, said it sounded fishy, but finally i got my prescription.

so i should probably report this to someone because filling a prescription without the person's consent or actually having the prescription in hand is a major no no.

tl;dr: i don't understand why anyone would ever get any adderall to take recreationally, because it's such a pain in the ass to get.

USPS sucks.

Two Fishers from Eastern Pennsylvania on the same forum would be weird if our last name wasn't so commons

I want to go on an adventure!

To be honest, in my 22 years this is the first time I've come in direct contact with another Fisher.  Did you get a postcard in the mail for the "Growing Up Fisher" show on NBC?  I thought that was kinda cool/funny.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic