Question for the group: do you want to know about your significant other's past sexual partners? I for one have a very vivid imagination so I'm pretty sure in my case ignorance is bliss unless it's someone I know.

My boyfriend and I are open about our pasts.  That goes for everything, not just our former partners.  Before him, I was only with 1 other person (for over 5 years), so I always felt kinda inadequate when he'd mention his exes (there are 4 of them).  Neither of us had ever been with anyone we weren't dating.  But that feeling didn't last long, I'm past that and I know that we have more fun together than any of our exes combined.  No worries, jealousy, or negative thoughts at all.

I'm gonna call this month 3 mi July.  I'm going to run 3 miles every day that I can and scale back on beer intake as well.  I just got on the scale and was not happy with myself.  I've really lacked discipline over the last month or so.  I have to cut out my mom's iced tea as well, which has 1 1/2 cups of sugar per gallon.  I need someone to motivate me lol.

You'll feel a lot better once you cut out all the ickies.  I'm 7 months caffeine-free, 5 months grain-free, and 2 weeks into paleo and I feel better than I have in literally years.  I've struggled with weight loss my entire life.  I started paleo on the 23rd and have lost 6 lbs without exercise (my thyroid makes that difficult for me), without portion control, and without calorie counting.  I promise, if I can do it, so can you. =]

I am slightly biased since I work for another airline. ;)

I will say be careful because they charge for carry-ons and checked bags. And if you wait to pay for your carry-on until you get to the gate, the price goes up.

They also will start charging for what you consider "complimentary drinks" in September. Snacks are a charge too.

Just avoid Spirit. Their fees are the worst.

Spirit is the wooooooooooooooorst.  My Dad refuses to fly out of EWR so he always flies Spirit from Atlantic City.  I don't understand him lol.

Had to look up what airport that was, but I've been finding cheap flights from Dallas to Cleveland and I didn't know if they were a dirty airline or something haha. Thanks Logan

I will say be careful because they charge for carry-ons and checked bags. And if you wait to pay for your carry-on until you get to the gate, the price goes up.

They also will start charging for what you consider "complimentary drinks" in September. Snacks are a charge too.

I never had them charge for carry-on but I've learned that a lot of cheap flights have started doing this. You work for Virgin, right, Tess? Because I have never heard anything but wonderful things HOWEVER as long as my luggage isn't lost and the flight lands...I'm okay with flights that aren't fantastic. Mostly because I really can't afford plane tickets to start, so my budget is like $200 roundtrip which is REALLY hard to find. 

My boyfriend and I are open about our pasts.  That goes for everything, not just our former partners.  Before him, I was only with 1 other person (for over 5 years), so I always felt kinda inadequate when he'd mention his exes (there are 4 of them).  Neither of us had ever been with anyone we weren't dating.  But that feeling didn't last long, I'm past that and I know that we have more fun together than any of our exes combined.  No worries, jealousy, or negative thoughts at all.

Spirit is the wooooooooooooooorst.  My Dad refuses to fly out of EWR so he always flies Spirit from Atlantic City.  I don't understand him lol.

One, that is awesome. I hope I have a relationship like that someday.

Right? Your dad is a weirdy. haha but I can understand his refusal to fly out of EWR. It's a p shitty airport. But LAX is the absolute worst.

You'll feel a lot better once you cut out all the ickies.  I'm 7 months caffeine-free, 5 months grain-free, and 2 weeks into paleo and I feel better than I have in literally years.  I've struggled with weight loss my entire life.  I started paleo on the 23rd and have lost 6 lbs without exercise (my thyroid makes that difficult for me), without portion control, and without calorie counting.  I promise, if I can do it, so can you. =]

Well dang, that's awesome.  Hopefully I can stick with my program.

I never had them charge for carry-on but I've learned that a lot of cheap flights have started doing this.  HOWEVER as long as my luggage isn't lost and the flight lands...I'm okay with flights that aren't fantastic. Mostly because I really can't afford plane tickets to start, so my budget is like $200 roundtrip which is REALLY hard to find. 

Ya, they started charging for carry-ons in April for economy. :/ It's a bummer. But it is a pretty new thing. At least they only charge $25-$50 rather than $50-$100 that Spirit charges for carry-ons.

I don't blame you. Budget matters. I totally get it. But it is important to consider these fees when you are booking tickets to keep a realistic idea of how much you are really saving, if anything.

And I may work for said airline... ;) haha I guess you do follow me on instagram.

I have been trying this whole online dating thing, and it has been interesting to say the least.

I did the online dating thing for several years.  I met some very cool people and also some straight up weirdos, but I am thankful because I met my girlfriend (whom I've been with for 2+ years) off of an online dating site.  I'm very thankful because she is nothing short of amazing.

I did the online dating thing for several years.  I met some very cool people and also some straight up weirdos, but I am thankful because I met my girlfriend (whom I've been with for 2+ years) off of an online dating site.  I'm very thankful because she is nothing short of amazing.

I am on one, and have a decent amount of girls doing the "wants to meet you" but I am far too shy about meeting a random person from an online app/website.

Dawww. That is so sweet.

I am on one, and have a decent amount of girls doing the "wants to meet you" but I am far too shy about meeting a random person from an online app/website.

I was the same way at first, but after enough chatting back and forth online you have plenty to talk about in person.

My boyfriend and I are open about our pasts. That goes for everything, not just our former partners. Before him, I was only with 1 other person (for over 5 years), so I always felt kinda inadequate when he'd mention his exes (there are 4 of them). Neither of us had ever been with anyone we weren't dating. But that feeling didn't last long, I'm past that and I know that we have more fun together than any of our exes combined. No worries, jealousy, or negative thoughts at all.

You'll feel a lot better once you cut out all the ickies. I'm 7 months caffeine-free, 5 months grain-free, and 2 weeks into paleo and I feel better than I have in literally years. I've struggled with weight loss my entire life. I started paleo on the 23rd and have lost 6 lbs without exercise (my thyroid makes that difficult for me), without portion control, and without calorie counting. I promise, if I can do it, so can you. =]

Spirit is the wooooooooooooooorst. My Dad refuses to fly out of EWR so he always flies Spirit from Atlantic City. I don't understand him lol.

That's really cool. my GF and I have told each other everything but it was a little weird at first. Seven years in between relationships with each other left a lot of stuff to tell

That's really cool. my GF and I have told each other everything but it was a little weird at first. Seven years in between relationships with each other left a lot of stuff to tell

Yeah I can imagine dating someone then having a break for any amount of time before getting back together can have some effect on both parties.  But the important thing is to remember that you found eachother again and you both decided to be with eachother, and not with the people you might have been with in the interim. 

He continues to use them so I'd say he likes them.  I mean, he's got the money to fly with any airline and he chooses them.

I booked a round trip flight with them to Chicago (from Trenton) for this upcoming September for $128.. it was by far the cheapest flight around. It can be crummy and will still be worth it!

Thanks for all the imput guys/gals! I would much rather pay for a $150 roundtrip flight through Frontier (knowing now that it's decent) rather than a $450+ roundtrip flight through AA or Delta

One, that is awesome. I hope I have a relationship like that someday.

Have seen them in person, they are a wonderful couple. 

Ya, they started charging for carry-ons in April for economy. :/ It's a bummer. But it is a pretty new thing. At least they only charge $25-$50 rather than $50-$100 that Spirit charges for carry-ons.

I don't blame you. Budget matters. I totally get it. But it is important to consider these fees when you are booking tickets to keep a realistic idea of how much you are really saving, if anything.

And I may work for said airline... ;) haha I guess you do follow me on instagram.

Yeah, I definitely always weigh my options. I'm flying Allegiant Airlines to Orlando for $200 after paying for a carry on. I double checked across various sites and even with that fee, I'm saving over $100. So while it's annoying because you don't feel like you're getting the deal you originally thought you were, I'm definitely still saving money and that's where it counts.

Have seen them in person, they are a wonderful couple. 

Yeah, I definitely always weigh my options. I'm flying Allegiant Airlines to Orlando for $200 after paying for a carry on. I double checked across various sites and even with that fee, I'm saving over $100. So while it's annoying because you don't feel like you're getting the deal you originally thought you were, I'm definitely still saving money and that's where it counts.

Good girl. :) 

Haha that comment felt oddly motherly.

Good girl. :)

Haha that comment felt oddly motherly.

Most of my friendships are long distance, so I've learned how to hunt down flight deals very early on! 

Your comment on my instagram was both motherly and comforting too, I accept it. 

Also, I give you major props for being a flight attendant. Too much uncertainty stresses me out!  

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic