When it's time to casserole...

So great that this thread got bumped! Today in honor of football Sundays beginning tomorrow I pulled my crock out in front of my girlfriend for the first time but became upset when I realized how small it was. She saw the look of disdain on my face and asked what was the matter? I said my crock is too small and it's not gonna fill you up. She told me it's not the size of the crock but what I cook in it. I told her we need a bigger crock because now it's for both of us and my little crock was ok when I lived alone, she agreed and we upgraded to a brand new 7 quart crock, no more of that unsatisfying 4 quart crock! Gonna make a huge pulled pork dinner tomorrow night that will leave her full, sweaty, and coming back for seconds! 

So great that this thread got bumped! Today in honor of football Sundays beginning tomorrow I pulled my crock out in front of my girlfriend for the first time but became upset when I realized how small it was. She saw the look of disdain on my face and asked what was the matter? I said my crock is too small and it's not gonna fill you up. She told me it's not the size of the crock but what I cook in it. I told her we need a bigger crock because now it's for both of us and my little crock was ok when I lived alone, she agreed and we upgraded to a brand new 7 quart crock, no more of that unsatisfying 4 quart crock! Gonna make a huge pulled pork dinner tomorrow night that will leave her full, sweaty, and coming back for seconds! 

puns

In all seriousness, a big crock pot makes the difference.  We've got both, wich is a life saver during the week.  To be able to come home and dinner is made...you can't beat that.  A little one for the weird taco/pulled chicken stuff my wife 'invents', and a big one for actual roasts/St. Paddy's Day briskets.  Unreal.  One of my favorite foods is a fall apart roast with tons of onions and carrots that melt in your mouth.

Not a hot dish/casserole, but we're in the same world here.

In all seriousness, a big crock pot makes the difference.  We've got both, with is a life saver during the week.  To be able to come home and dinner is made...you can't beat that.  A little one for the weird taco/pulled chicken stuff my wife 'invents', and a big one for actual roasts/St. Paddy's Day briskets.  Unreal.  One of my favorite foods is a fall apart roast with tons of onions and carrots that melt in your mouth.

Not a hot dish/casserole, but we're in the same world here.

Agreed 100%, my gf and I are both teachers so now that we live together we have to plan our dinners and I'm mostly excited to be able to make meals and have them cook during the day so when we get home we can eat. The little crock pot I had was great for just me but now since it's both of us the upgrade needed to happen. I've spent most of my afternoon compiling recipes for us to use the crock pot for, especially on those long winter days. 

after much thought and scouring for recipes, i decided on chicken and noodle. will report back later in the evening.

wish me luck in this endeavor, friends.

Good choice.  I've eaten too many taco oddities to know that I don't like anything that's not a bona fide taco.  Croc pot chicken noodle, though.  You can't go wrong.