Shipping 2000 cds & hundreds of records

Yeah at least when it comes to the cds, I think I would just rip them all and put them on an external hard drive.  Then see what you can get for all of them.  I understand wanting to keep the collection I have well over 1000 cds as well but I think if it came down to it I would do this.  As for the records I'd sell what I can part with and then figure out shipping the rest.

This is so much more trouble than it is worth. So much stuff on youtube you can just stream. Load the rarer stuff on a HD as suggested.

Are you just going temporarily or moving permanently? If it is permanent, it makes a little more sense. If you are going for a year or two years or something like that, experience new places while you can...don't spend time listening to 1000 cds. Just bring your top 30 or so.

Where you going? Just curious.

When I illegally smuggle imports...... I stick them in my butt and cross country lines w/ no problems.

Those X-Ray machines can't see you have your complete singles collection of Nickelback & Creed in your brown eye ;)

Also you can just do a mass shit of bulk packages that are carried over by freight ships/planes/etc. It's pricey, but you are moving out of country what you expect?

put it in a storage unit is SOCAL, pay for 2 years and then stop, and let the storage wars people buy it and get extremely overexcited / extremely confused as to why someone has a collection of 1000+ compact discs in a storage unit hidden behind a dresser covered in AFI / Hurley stickers