FS: Ryan Adams Life After Deaf

supafly

I have only played the first five Lps once.  There is no download code.  I am asking 599.  Shoot me an email at [email protected] if interested.  Not really looking for any trades

Wow. I have to say that I usually don't mind flippers, but this box set was the hardest I have ever tried to get a record when it went on sale. If I remember, it was around $130 + shipping, and the first time they tried to sell it, the website crashed because so many people tried to buy it at the same time. I had this is my cart the second time they tried to put it on sale, but sold out when I tried to check out.

Therefore, I realize that I will never get my hands on this unless I have a ton of expendable income. And therefore, I hate you and everyone else who barely listened to the records and are now reselling them at a 400% markup.

Wow. I have to say that I usually don't mind flippers, but this box set was the hardest I have ever tried to get a record when it went on sale. If I remember, it was around $130 + shipping, and the first time they tried to sell it, the website crashed because so many people tried to buy it at the same time. I had this is my cart the second time they tried to put it on sale, but sold out when I tried to check out.

Therefore, I realize that I will never get my hands on this unless I have a ton of expendable income. And therefore, I hate you and everyone else who barely listened to the records and are now reselling them at a 400% markup.

To be honest I couldn't wait to get this box but to me it is a bit redundant with lots of repeats and similar performances.  I am just trying to sell this to buy another box set that I know I will get more use out of.

To be honest I couldn't wait to get this box but to me it is a bit redundant with lots of repeats and similar performances.  I am just trying to sell this to buy another box set that I know I will get more use out of.

Well, I guess I can't blame you for trying to sell it for that much, considering some people are willing to pay that amount. I doubt that you'll sell it on here for that much, though.

What, is it the crazy hair?

A lot of things really remind me of Dylan, TBH. Interesting polarizing figure. Pretty much all over the map musically. Most importantly though its their shared abilities to pen some of the most amazing imaginative lyrics youll ever hear. Dude is a genius, hes got the ability to bring Elton John to his knees (no homo) with a song like Oh My Sweet Carolina, but can also pen a tune about some nerdy happenings at a gas station in California (Blue Canoe) . How else would he be slammin' Mandy Moore (who ironically is in fact a teenie bopper)? Haha. If youre not familiar with his entire career works, hes definitely one who needs to be investigated. Check out some of his unreleased stuff such as saDRAcula and Darkbreaker (aka Elizabethtown Sessions). A lot of SBDs with his band The Cardinals between 2006-2007 are available on archive.org, which is my personal favorite era of his career. 

Hes done some stuff with Jessie Malin (The Finger), did 8 weird ass old school punk albums called "The Shit", has a hip hop alter ego, DJ Reggie, fronted a well renowned Alt-Country band Whiskeytown, etc... 

Just getting his discography wont even begin to touch whats out there, nor do him complete justice as an artist either. Really, its pretty mind boggling the amount of stuff hes got floating out there since he hit the scene in the mid-90s with Whiskeytown. 

He's definitely my idol and I strive to be as talented an individual.

In regards to the OP, that markup is ridiculous. I don't care if that is a steal or not, the fact that there are more sets out there that post for higher amounts is appalling. If this was a 30 year old box set found in the attic of the deceased producers home months after passing, I could justify the pricetag, but this has been out less than a year and die hard fans had to miss out on this due to technical error just so some jabrobi can make an extra $40o on it is just sickening.

Oh man. What a jerkoff. I was there refreshing the page and missed out, so I should pay a $400 premium? GTFO.

If you want it bad enough, yes. 

Only gonna go up in price (unless you get really lucky) so Id suggest you custy up before prices on these get outta hand. Ive learned my lesson on the appreciation of RA vinyl over time. 

Oh man. What a jerkoff. I was there refreshing the page and missed out, so I should pay a $400 premium? GTFO.

This is how Capitalism works.  Do you have a problem with your local record dealer selling records at at market value?  Have you ever sold records at a premium to buy other records that you wanted?  No one has bought them yet.  maybe I won't get this price.  I am willing to consider trades on top of cash as well

BTW I am not dying to get rid of this. I will sell if it will afford me another set that I know will get more play by me

Personally, Id hang onto it if I were you. This is gonna be a huge collectors item and heavily sought after as more time goes by. I hate to look at vinyl as an investment, but if you did, this would certainly be one that will do well

If you want it bad enough, yes. 

Only gonna go up in price (unless you get really lucky) so Id suggest you custy up before prices on these get outta hand. Ive learned my lesson on the appreciation of RA vinyl over time. 

I can live without it if it means not paying $400 more. I understand the concept of supply and demand, but that doesn't keep someone doing this from being a jerkoff. You're talking about someone who comes on here and overcharges and meanwhile tries to act like he's not an actual flipper for trying to sell it for 3 times the price. 

This is how Capitalism works.  Do you have a problem with your local record dealer selling records at at market value?  Have you ever sold records at a premium to buy other records that you wanted?  No one has bought them yet.  maybe I won't get this price.  I am willing to consider trades on top of cash as well

I almost never pay above retail for records. If I can't get them for a reasonable price, then I will either wait for a repress, wait for Doghouse to find a bunch of copies and sell them at 8ppd, or move on with my life. And I am a guy who collects Brand New records, so believe me, it is difficult to keep up with that. I have never sold a record at a premium. Funny that you should ask, but find anyone on here who I have ever sold to. 

I just think it's stupid to come in here, make a thread saying you want that much, and then pretending that it is ok because you didn't buy it to sell it for that much.