FS: Ryan Adams Life After Deaf

supafly

I can live without it if it means not paying $400 more. I understand the concept of supply and demand, but that doesn't keep someone doing this from being a jerkoff. You're talking about someone who comes on here and overcharges and meanwhile tries to act like he's not an actual flipper for trying to sell it for 3 times the price. 

I almost never pay above retail for records. If I can't get them for a reasonable price, then I will either wait for a repress, wait for Doghouse to find a bunch of copies and sell them at 8ppd, or move on with my life. And I am a guy who collects Brand New records, so believe me, it is difficult to keep up with that. I have never sold a record at a premium. Funny that you should ask, but find anyone on here who I have ever sold to. 

I just think it's stupid to come in here, make a thread saying you want that much, and then pretending that it is ok because you didn't buy it to sell it for that much. 

Looks like youre out of this particular market then. Coming in here and giving the whole moral police speech though isnt gonna help you get this boxset at a discount. Its ok to sell anything at any price you want to sell it for. Just like its ok to buy anything at any price you want to buy it for. Its a market that's already been set by others beforehand. 

He also said hes open to trades. If youve got anything to offer, send him a list of your collection and see if theres a match. 

I think its utterly stupid to demand that somebody take a $300 pay cut to make some total internet stranger happy by selling a heavily "in demand" item for face value. However, I think its awesome of you that you choose to sell all your stuff at no markup at all. Youre a great member of the community in that regard, so giving credit where credit is due, kudos to you! 

I can live without it if it means not paying $400 more. I understand the concept of supply and demand, but that doesn't keep someone doing this from being a jerkoff. You're talking about someone who comes on here and overcharges and meanwhile tries to act like he's not an actual flipper for trying to sell it for 3 times the price. 

I almost never pay above retail for records. If I can't get them for a reasonable price, then I will either wait for a repress, wait for Doghouse to find a bunch of copies and sell them at 8ppd, or move on with my life. And I am a guy who collects Brand New records, so believe me, it is difficult to keep up with that. I have never sold a record at a premium. Funny that you should ask, but find anyone on here who I have ever sold to. 

I just think it's stupid to come in here, make a thread saying you want that much, and then pretending that it is ok because you didn't buy it to sell it for that much. 

Not to throw a cog in the wheel here but I'm curious...you're a Brand New collector, as you say.  And as it often happens with collecting vinyl, we reach a place in our lives where we decide we don't want some (or all) of our records and we decide to sell.  Hypothetically, say that happens with you and Brand New...what will you do?  Will you sell them on eBay for what the market dictates or will you sell them for cost (or a bit higher)?

yeah no i understand it just seems like this box was really under pressed

Thats why Im thinking there are no more than 300-500 of these that were pressed. Its not typical to see so few on eBay this soon after the original onsale. If there were 2000 of these sold, you would see about 20 on eBay at all times.

Dont believe any numbers people say regarding pressing numbers. They have not said a word on it and usually dont on PaxAm stuff. If you are really wanting to hear the stuff PM me. I was lucky enough to get it from PaxAm. I have no interest at all in selling it, but if you pay postage I dont mind burning cds of the stuff for you.

Dont believe any numbers people say regarding pressing numbers. They have not said a word on it and usually dont on PaxAm stuff. If you are really wanting to hear the stuff PM me. I was lucky enough to get it from PaxAm. I have no interest at all in selling it, but if you pay postage I dont mind burning cds of the stuff for you.

There aren't any official pressing numbers but people in the industry can find out "unofficial" pressing numbers. eBay logic just tells me these numbers are in the hundreds and not the thousands.