Entombed- Left Hand Path (RE)

Is this based on the Carcass reissue or recent Earache reissues in general?

Carcass is the only one I dont have. I have all 4 Morbid Angel reissues and all 4 Napalm Death reissues and the Dillinger Escape Plan EP reissue. All these are with with light "scuff-marks". Its actually probably not scuff-marks per se but some kind of residue (stains all over the records) which look exactly like scuff marks. Its not as visible (if at all) on the coloured ones.

Wow. Great read indeed.

Seems like a positive move forward for both partners involved. CM is fantastic when it comes to packaging, low prices (including shipping) with bases in both North America and Europe, and tend to send a bunch of goodies with every order. Definitely more customer friendly than Nuclear Blast who gouge wallets by refusing to ship any other way than FedEx outside of Germany (ended up paying for shipping twice, first to NB then to FedEx).

Anyhoo, hope this gives the green light for At The Gates reissues!!

Interesting. My experience with Nuclear Blast and CM is the opposite. A lot of problems with CM, none with NB. They are both with helpful customer services but with CM you have to pressure them a 10 times harder to make things right. And their (CM) record mailers are bloody awful - almost every single album I have received from the are with splits.

And Earache removes records from the jackets, Im not so sure cmdistro will.

Interesting. My experience with Nuclear Blast and CM is the opposite. A lot of problems with CM, none with NB. They are both with helpful customer services but with CM you have to pressure them a 10 times harder to make things right. And their (CM) record mailers are bloody awful - almost every single album I have received from the are with splits.

And Earache removes records from the jackets, Im not so sure cmdistro will.

QUOTE 100%

No problem at all with NB.

3 orders with CM and 2 received with splits

Huh. I've had the total opposite! Asked CM to send outside the sleeve and they obliged. I love NB for every reason other than shipping issues have had more affordable and pleasant experiences with CM. The shipping issue could also just pertain to Norway's FedEx policy. Anyway, i ended up paying close to 100 dollars for 1 record after all was said and done.

What happened? Customs?

In my experience, Earache is by far the best of these three. Their shipping charges are extremely low, yet they take great care when packing up orders (not only do they ship the records outside the jackets, they even ship the records in generic white inners if there are printed inner sleeves).

CM is okay, they do ship records outside the jackets if you request it, and shipping is not too bad. This can certainly not be said for NB, whose shipping charges are simply outrageous (€20 for a single record).

Can't comment on customer service as I've never had to contact any of them.

I got a bill from FedEx a month later for about 200kr after paying the 20eu to NB. Contacted NB before placing a second order and they claimed it was a customs issue but the recond was of a value under the customs quota and it was a FedEx bill. Are you based in Oslo? Can't see that it should cost more to send it to Bergen. I've basically resorted to buying NB products from private sellers and from the US webstore ( which is ridiculous)

Dude, I think probably FedEx fucked you over. I had a similar issue with an order I placed with NB last year. NB declared a total value of €40 on the customs sticker, but included a detailed invoice where it clearly said that the value of the product was €20. The only problem was that FedEx only looked at the value stated on the sticker, so they processed the package as non-exempt. A month later I got a bill from FedEx for NoK 204 to cover VAT and customs fees. I e-mailed them a scan of the invoice from NB and told them that they had made a mistake and that I wouldn't be paying the bill. A month later they wrote me back and said okay.

Wow. Shitty. Sounds like the same experience I had but was on vacation in the states and couldn't contact them directly. Next time I'll probably ask NB if it's possible to write a smaller amount on the customs form and be sure to contact FedEx immediately. Thanks for the advice!

A definite plus with NB is the catalogue. Great readin' n' shittin' material.