Beach Fossils "Clash The Truth" (Captured Tracks)

Guest deathbydrums

I did get a tracking number several days ago and it just says "electronic shipping info received".

I'm wondering if our records are actually shipped and this is not a "true tracking" number, but rather just essentially proof of postage payment through PayPal. That would be my guess if you guys got shipping notice more than a week ago.

Will be cool to see the different covers!!!

Guest deathbydrums

Yeah, agreed on the shipping bit, but they might be getting better... we'll see. BUT this release is so good to me and they've had consistently amazing releases that it has cemented Captured Tracks as one of my favorite labels! Can't wait to spin this record instead of listening through YouTube.

Just keep checking the tracking numbers, everyone. A couple days after I posted that, I checked it and it was already half way to my house. Maybe it's the post offices, I have no idea. But it came in today and it's truly beautiful. My copy is clear red with what looks to be some black wisps in it. It's pretty cool looking. 

Just keep checking the tracking numbers, everyone. A couple days after I posted that, I checked it and it was already half way to my house. Maybe it's the post offices, I have no idea. But it came in today and it's truly beautiful. My copy is clear red with what looks to be some black wisps in it. It's pretty cool looking. 

Wait you mean the label isnt responsible for slow shipping? I wish the alot more people understood this

Wait you mean the label isnt responsible for slow shipping? I wish the alot more people understood this

whoa there partner, don't take my words out of context. they are very horrible at the mailorder thing USUALLY. I waited MONTHS to get my copy of Nocturne by Wild Nothing. They wouldn't respond to my emails or anything. It sucked. So that might have something to do with it. But I was just saying that it also isn't unlike USPS to be irresponsible with scanning and updating tracking numbers and/or have holds at post offices.

does anyone notice any warbliness yet? i think i have :/ its like some songs play slower than others. captured tracks records (and whatever other labels get their vinyl pressed at that particular plant, i'm assuming) are the only ones that do this. maybe i could just fix the problem by buying a better turntable?

I haven't noticed any warbliness and I have almost all of Captured Tracks releases. What kind of turntable do you have? If it's a Crosley or other low-end brand, I would look into replacing it. Go with something like an Audio Technica, Stanton or Numark. Definitely get one that has a counterweight.

You don't by chance have the portable ION turntable do you? That one in particular is notorious for its failing belt drive. I actually purchased one a few years back and noticed the issue. After doing a ton of research on it, apparently the problem has been acknowledged by ION and they will allow you to send it in for a replacement. But, according to several users who did that, the replacement does the same thing after a short period of time. I just ended up returning mine to Amazon and putting that money towards a different turntable.

I ordered this right after it went live, I don't understand how I missed out. What a bummer.

Hello,

This is easily the worst email I've had to write since joining Captured Tracks.  Those who of you who follow us on Facebook may've read our website crashed when the pre-order for Beach Fossils "Clash The Truth" went live.  Unfortunately the product counter in our web store reset and didn't deduct quantities quick enough as orders were coming in, thus our overselling the limited edition LP.  I'm extremely sorry to say that they're all gone now as we shipped orders in the order they were received.

You have a few options now:

1:  Receive a FULL refund.
2:  Receive the standard edition LP + limited "Clash The Truth" (red) cassette tape.  PLUS A REFUND FOR THE DIFFERENCE IN COST BETWEEN THE LIMITED AND STANDARD.
3:  A credit for anything else in our web store.

Please let me know which option you choose, as well as what you'd like to purchase if option 3.   Again, I'm really to sorry to let you down with this bad news.  Know that it was out of our control once the server crashed and we have already taken the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future as we have some yet to be announced releases coming soon that are capable of generating the same kind of traffic we experienced for "Clash The Truth". 

My apologies.  Thank you for your understanding.

I got mine super early...and I ordered literally 10 mins after it went up! I doubt when you order effects if you get it or not..I saw on their instagram that they shipped a batch out a week before release! then on the actual release date....

give it a little time most will show up! But keep on them...as I have had to on more than 3 releases...

I ordered this right after it went live, I don't understand how I missed out. What a bummer.

wow honestly man, I think they are lying to you! they probably messed up your order and now they are gone and cant send you one! I remember on their facebook they were saying on a monday like a week and a half after it went up them saying like 24 are left than the next day they said they were gone! They wouldnt have done that weeks after it went live...knowing their was a crash....

its honestly BS...I 100% wouldnt believe them...just given their terrible track record!

It is highly possible that they botched some of the orders. I've had a few issues with them before where someone who was new either didn't ship my order or sent it to the wrong address. Then when the records came, stuff was missing and the stuff that came wasn't the right version. Took awhile to get it all worked out, but they were pretty accommodating. Keep in mind that they're an indie label and have a very small crew of people working for them, but they're getting more and more popular and have to try to keep up with the demand. 

You don't by chance have the portable ION turntable do you? That one in particular is notorious for its failing belt drive. I actually purchased one a few years back and noticed the issue. After doing a ton of research on it, apparently the problem has been acknowledged by ION and they will allow you to send it in for a replacement. But, according to several users who did that, the replacement does the same thing after a short period of time. I just ended up returning mine to Amazon and putting that money towards a different turntable.

I own the Profile model, but I've had it since I was like 17. I've honestly just been too lazy/bad at saving to get a new turntable. I also pretty much don't know exactly what I'm looking for either since so many opinions come into play when you ask someone what they recommend.