Denim Thread.

tomfiend

Quick and awful pictures from my iPhone, they really don't do the front of the jeans justice, oh well.

067EF301-4F82-4E1F-829E-5746F26E7B64-259

9EF7DDE8-CB64-4986-952A-0578C2DE5224-259

the keys on the belt loop suggest that you took these off to take the picture. and i love it.

Did you size down? I'm usually a 30"

I'm a 32 and I sized down one size and got 31, but I've come to realise they stretch out about two sizes in the butt / waist. They still fit fine, but they could be one size smaller, So I'd recommend going down two sizes, or at least when your trying them on make sure they are uncomfortably tight at first.

I'm a 32 and I sized down one size and got 31, but I've come to realise they stretch out about two sizes in the butt / waist. They still fit fine, but they could be one size smaller, So I'd recommend going down two sizes, or at least when your trying them on make sure they are uncomfortably tight at first.

Awesome, thanks man. I'm completely spoiled where i live, i have Edwin and APC flagship stores within 15 mins walk of my flat, gonna check out APC for sure. The idea of going down two sizes petrifies me but my ED71s were snug when i got them but are now massive to the point that i'm not that keen on wearing them so i think sizing down next time is essential. It's a shame cos the rainbow selvedge wears so, so nice. Gonna post pics of my ED77s when i get a minute, they look awesome.

Awesome, thanks man. I'm completely spoiled where i live, i have Edwin and APC flagship stores within 15 mins walk of my flat, gonna check out APC for sure. The idea of going down two sizes petrifies me but my ED71s were snug when i got them but are now massive to the point that i'm not that keen on wearing them so i think sizing down next time is essential. It's a shame cos the rainbow selvedge wears so, so nice. Gonna post pics of my ED77s when i get a minute, they look awesome.

Yeah don't be scared, make sure they're really eating into your hips, that was my mistake. They stretch a lot. usually within the first two weeks.

Did you size down? I'm usually a 30"

Yeah. I think they changed something about their denim between the time I got my first and second pair because my newer ones didn't stretch nearly as much. They're a size larger and still smaller than my older ones fully stretched and I didn't gain any weight. Also, some of the guys at Styleforum were also saying the same thing, even though there wasn't any hard proof last I checked.

So basically depending on how you like your fit go 28 if you're closer to being 29/30 TTS or are a solid 30 and want it a little skinner. And go 29 if you're closer to 30/31 TTS or want it a little roomier.

Yeah don't be scared, make sure they're really eating into your hips, that was my mistake. They stretch a lot. usually within the first two weeks.

Yeah. I think they changed something about their denim between the time I got my first and second pair because my newer ones didn't stretch nearly as much. They're a size larger and still smaller than my older ones fully stretched and I didn't gain any weight. Also, some of the guys at Styleforum were also saying the same thing, even though there wasn't any hard proof last I checked.

So basically depending on how you like your fit go 28 if you're closer to being 29/30 TTS or are a solid 30 and want it a little skinner. And go 29 if you're closer to 30/31 TTS or want it a little roomier.

Thanks guys, gonna try some APC PS on when i get paid in a couple of weeks. I got told today they're only 12oz denim, though? This would be a deal breaker... nothing under 14oz for me.

Guest tms2787

the keys on the belt loop suggest that you took these off to take the picture. and i love it.

Haha, actually I just take them off and let them lay on the floor and I leave my keychain looped to the belt loop. 

All this jean talk is making me want to go out and get a nice pair of jeans. I'm currently not wearing anything special. Some sort of billabong jeans that I bought because I needed new jeans fast. They are SHIT quality, but I reall like the fit.

I'm a bigger dude (38" waist, could probably do a 36") with a 30" inseam. I prefer a darker wash and I'm leaning towards a pair of Nudie's. I buy one pair of jeans, wear them until they're dead, and buy a new pair.

Any suggestions, dudes?

All this jean talk is making me want to go out and get a nice pair of jeans. I'm currently not wearing anything special. Some sort of billabong jeans that I bought because I needed new jeans fast. They are SHIT quality, but I reall like the fit.

I'm a bigger dude (38" waist, could probably do a 36") with a 30" inseam. I prefer a darker wash and I'm leaning towards a pair of Nudie's. I buy one pair of jeans, wear them until they're dead, and buy a new pair.

Any suggestions, dudes?

http://needsupply.com/mens/denim/weird-guy-blue-weft-selvedge.html

These have indigo warp and weft so they have a darker overall look, would fade really nice too. and the weird guy cut is great for dudes with bigger waist / thighs.

Nudies can be poor quality, I know form experience, lots of blow outs.

Or APC New Standards

http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,1675.html?nav=denim

Even the SkinnyGuy cut was baggier than I wanted it to be so I never got N&F. They do some interesting stuff with their denim, though.

Also, more people do have blowouts with Nudies than most other brands I've seen. But it looks like dangerben managed to keep his in tact through some heavy wear.

I'd avoid Nudie unless some of the heavier denim other brands make their jeans out of puts you off when getting a first pair. Heavier will fade better with more contrast but they'll be like cardboard when you first get them. My recommendation goes with Edwin, unless they're particularly hard to get a hold of.

http://needsupply.com/mens/denim/weird-guy-blue-weft-selvedge.html

These have indigo warp and weft so they have a darker overall look, would fade really nice too. and the weird guy cut is great for dudes with bigger waist / thighs.

Nudies can be poor quality, I know form experience, lots of blow outs.

Or APC New Standards

http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,1675.html?nav=denim

A little too dark for me.

that would be awesome if I could buy jeans anywhere.  because i'm 6'6" it's damn near impossible to purchase anything outside of the internet, and though I would love to get a pair of APCs, I wouldn't want to purchase anything without being able to try them on, especially with everyone having to go down a size

I'd avoid Nudie unless some of the heavier denim other brands make their jeans out of puts you off when getting a first pair. Heavier will fade better with more contrast but they'll be like cardboard when you first get them. My recommendation goes with Edwin, unless they're particularly hard to get a hold of.

Edwin seems to have the look I'm looking for, but they don't ship to Canada. I'm going to have to do some searching and find a store in Canada.

Guest tms2787

I was in a store tonight and they were selling a new pair of Nudies that I have been wearing, ones that were pictured above, I decided I'd do a side-by-side shot for myself and figured I might as well post them in here:

A96E76AD-3980-42D7-A385-97760D1A7D23-427

2BC98FCE-DCC3-4D4D-A39F-D1C072695026-427

It's cool to me to see how they've faded over time just from standard wear and tear and not washing.