• 2 weeks later...

ok people. i have tues off and saturday off, but saturday i'm gonna go to the thrasher thing to get an iron lung record and then head over to red 7.. SCOTT, if i show up semi late can i still get in? i mostly just want to hang for a bit.. also i get off early on friday, we need to plan to go get dinner somewhere? ill probably be there around 5ish. 

anyone else up for hanging saturday for a bit? give me a pm. it'd be nice to meet some fellow vcers or austin people. 

birdwell i'm off tues and i get off work early on monday.. if i can finagle a way to get a ticket, do you think i can get a ride to san antonio to see frank? if anything i have a place to stay since my friends live there and we can get breakfast taco (yes i said taco) at ROLANDOS. you down?

ScottHeisel, on 09 Mar 2013 - 21:17, said:

We just had a band cancel on us for our Saturday party -- anyone here know any good bands free Saturday afternoon who will already be at SXSW?

my friend is in OH NO OH MY.. don't know if they'd do, but i can ask for you if need be. they do get crowds. we went to see them 3 weeks ago and it was about 3/4 full outside at red 7 for people wanting to see them. so they can pull in people.

We just had a band cancel on us for our Saturday party -- anyone here know any good bands free Saturday afternoon who will already be at SXSW?

I got a friend who's an Austin dubstep artist (I know that's probably not what you're looking for) called Galvanix. I could hook him up with you guys if you're desperate.

tired as fuuuuu but sxsw never disappoints.. Got to see captain Murphy, death grips and some others fo freee.

Who all did everyone else se?

olafur arnalds x 4 (my favorite musician, neo-classical style, from iceland), avi avital (really awesome grammy nominated mandolin player from israel), nik bartsche and sha (groovy, minimalistic pianist and bass clarinet duo from zurich), soley (chill icelandic band with female vocals), asgeir trausti (another icelandic), and ola podrida (a local austin band on western vinyl). all free shows.

Ghetto Boyz (Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gansta), Ultimate Fakebook, Maserati, Field Report, Revival Tour (which included 10 freaking artists/bands), Masked Intruder, a decent chunk of the first day/night of the Topshelf/CountYourLuckyStars showcase, Andrew W.K., Billy Bragg, and some more I'm sure I've accidentally left off