NCAA March Madness 2013 (Official Thread)

this man is going to have a statue at vcu some day.

the thing i was worried about the most was that shaka and teague (their ad) have a really good relationship.  norwood teague was our ad for vcu from 2006 until this season.  he was responsible for shakas hire and also responsible for anthony grant, who i just found out will be interviewing for the job.  best of luck to anthony grant.  he is also a stand up guy.

Shaka has no ties to duke. He had a chance to play at Harvard, but chose to play and study at Kenyon college because he loved the coach there. The only big schools he has ties to are Clemson and Florida.

As far as coach k goes, I could see coach capel, their assistant coach, former Oklahoma coach stepping up and keeping the job to a person inside the system and program.

My picks for tonight.

Miami, Indiana, Ohio state, and Wichita state.

My bracket could use it

Same, except for Wichita State. That region of my bracket is completely effed. Although Ohio State coming out of that region like I expected is looking a lot better with New Mexico, Gonzaga, and Wisconsin gone.

The games tomorrow are going to be fantastic, especially Michigan State - Duke, and Florida - Michigan.

Big question is will zeller and olidipo stay? Zeller showed he still needs to toughen up. If Olidipo was 2 inches taller I'd say he is ready right now. His defense is there, he can make great basketball moves on offense, my only knocks are him trying to go too fast sometimes which leads to turnovers and his size. 

Big question is will zeller and olidipo stay? Zeller showed he still needs to toughen up. If Olidipo was 2 inches taller I'd say he is ready right now. His defense is there, he can make great basketball moves on offense, my only knocks are him trying to go too fast sometimes which leads to turnovers and his size. 

i don't know a lot about indiana, but immediately after last years tournament they were the preseason favorites and were always considered a top team all year.  i know if i was a player, i would feel there is still a lot of work left to do after exiting in the sweet 16 two years in a row.

I believe both are gone.  Olidipo for sure.  Zeller - 75% chance of going. 

Olidipo is one of 5 players that i have seen this year that i would consider "NBA Ready" so i can't imagine him staying. I feel like Zeller should have to stay though. If he can't handle college kids his own size and possibly less talented, how the fuck is he gonna go up against NBA bigs?