NCAA March Madness 2013 (Official Thread)

Holy shit. I love the tournament. Two of my final four gone right off the bat. I'm hoping the teams that I am actually a fan of can put a little run together, Marquette, Illinois, and Indiana. 

On ESPN there were 8.1 million brackets and none were perfect even before the georgetown game. After the first round the best anyone did was four people had two wrong. 

Happy to see a 15 seed go the sweet 16, but fgcu is acting extremely obnoxious. Wait to the end of the game to celebrate, just bc it's an upset does t mean they shouldn't be hit with a tech

disagree.  they weren't acting obnoxious on the court.  sure, they were making dancing around on the benches...such is life.  

i was at the United Center a couple years ago when VCU made their splash and witnessed the same behavior in person - but I am sure you were not complaining.

and sorry VCU got destroyed.  might be best you turn the TV off the rest of the tournament. 

disagree. they weren't acting obnoxious on the court. sure, they were making dancing around on the benches...such is life.

i was at the United Center a couple years ago when VCU made their splash and witnessed the same behavior in person - but I am sure you were not complaining. Which game was it?

and sorry VCU got destroyed. might be best you turn the TV off the rest of the tournament.

The one guy clicking his heels on the court, half of the team celebrating like they were TO in the end zone after alley oops, and the bench chicken dancing. It was extremely distasteful. Definitely don't recall that during the run of vcu, Shaka would not allow it. Lots of celebrating after the game, but never during.

Just bc my team lost doesn't mean I can't appreciate great bball. There has been some awesome upsets and down to the wire games I found very enjoyable.

Vcu got outmatched completely. They weren't aggressive on offense, only shot 6 fts all game, and continued to shoot from beyond the arc instead of attacking the basket. This led to them not being able to set up the press. They also got killed on the glass. Vcus leading rebounder had 4 points. They got schooled by Michigan.

The one guy clicking his heels on the court, half of the team celebrating like they were TO in the end zone after alley oops, and the bench chicken dancing. It was extremely distasteful. Definitely don't recall that during the run of vcu, Shaka would not allow it. Lots of celebrating after the game, but never during.

Wasn't any worse than anything that went on during the regular season, nationwide. This is hardly isolated, and personally I welcome it at the college level. They're students, they deserve to have some fun.