NCAA March Madness 2013 (Official Thread)

Wasn't any worse than anything that went on during the regular season, nationwide. This is hardly isolated, and personally I welcome it at the college level. They're students, they deserve to have some fun.

Playing is fun, taunting and excessive celebrating is a bad way to rep your school. Guarantee if a Duke or Kansas would of acted that way a lot of people would be talking. However, I don't think Self or Coach K would allow it. Just because you win doesn't mean you can't show poor sportsmanship.

I really like this FGCU team, but I don't think that is how teams acted all season. Not by a long shot.

Wah, your team lost and your bracket got wasted and you take it out on FGCU. Did you old men watch the game? It wasn't like they were taunting the other team when they missed shots. They were celebrating when they made great shots/dunks. This happens every damn night in college and or pro basketball. Haters gonna hate.

Wah, your team lost and your bracket got wasted and you take it out on FGCU. Did you old men watch the game? It wasn't like they were taunting the other team when they missed shots. They were celebrating when they made great shots/dunks. This happens every damn night in college and or pro basketball. Haters gonna hate.

this

i wasn't aware of the notion that the team i follow losing and me critiquing the behavior of another team in a completely different game correlated so much. it would be great if my team won, not only because they would be headed to the sweet 16, but also because my opinion about FGCU celebrating their win starting in the middle of the 2nd half wouldn't be shunned as a person upset about a loss. i knew coming into the vcu/michigan match up VCU had their hands full. they lost to a great michigan team who has a legitimate shot at knocking out #1 Kansas. 

what it comes down to is that at the end of the season, there is only one team that doesn't end on a losing note, so unlike popular opinion, i'm not too heartbroken or butt hurt. VCU had a phenomenal season and it was a very huge step into building a bigger and better program. i really couldn't be happier with their success this year. i've been following them since the beginning of the coach capel era when their were barely 1,000 students in the siegel center and now they've gone two seasons of consecutive home sell outs. couldn't be more proud to be a ram.

you win with grace and poise and you lose with grace and poise. act like you been there before, even if you haven't FGCU. if a bcs school celebrated the way they did before that clock hit 0.0, people would be frowning at their actions. I'll be rooting for this FGCU team this week, even though its against my bracket (and they face a tough tough game ahead), i love to see the mid-majors catch fire and knock out bcs schools. you got to agree, its a little bit of a stretch to imply a loss equating to an opinion about a team i do like and rooted for in their conference tournament (fcgu)

let's change the subject about this FGCU talk.  no need to attack or poke at people.  ("WAH" comment).

VCU - good year - been a nice run the last few years.

FCGU - nobody saw this coming, lost to a D2 school this year... blah blah blah.  Florida will probably smoke them.

quality basketball ahead this coming weekend - very excited.  Louisville seems to be the strongest right now, but at any time, anybody can win. 

why is marquette still in this thing?!?

This has driven me crazy. My bracket had them getting this far, but there's no fucking reason they should have given how they've played.

I'm really excited to see how Arizona matches up with Ohio State on Thursday. All the talk I see is how Lyons and Craft will match up, but I seriously hope they don't have Lyons trying to guard him. I get it, they're both "leaders" and all that shit, but Nick Johnson is a much better defender, albeit with much less overall experience. (Though he has proven himself on more than one occasion)

i'm really excited for la salle and wichita state, its amazing that one of these programs are going to be going to the elite 8.  although, i'm rooting for the a10, i have no problem with wichita state winning.  having nothing, but respect for that team.  they have a lot of awesome fans and post on the ram nation forum.  i wish they weren't at such a distant location and could join the a-10. speaking of joining the a-10, george mason officially joined the a-10 yesterday.

Nice the A-10 found somebody, definitely a huge blow losing Butler, Temple, and Xavier (and Charlotte?). Gonna be weird not associating them with the CAA.

yeah, charlotte is going to conference usa, i believe and the year after next, st. louis and dayton are looking like they will be leaving too. if thats true, the conference will look like this in 2014-2015, which brings the conference to 10.

duquesne

fordham

mason

gw

la salle

massachusetts

rhode island

richmond

st. joes

vcu

pretty weak, definitely better than the caa, but very weak.  if the new big east doesn't get st. louis and dayton, i think thats a pretty solid conference again.  with 3-5 bids a season.

caa is taking some hits the past 2 season, vcu, odu, and gmu.  those were their 3 most attractive teams in the conference.  they are also losing georgia state to the sun-belt too.  caa is completely depleted. 

who sees an all Big 10 final four.  put the bias aside charles barkley... turrible!

i don't see michigan state getting out.  michigan might be a stretch, but playing well.  indiana for sure can make it.  ohio state, yes.

my ranking for chances of making it:

ohio state

indiana

michigan

michigan state

this is probably a no brainer - but throwing it out there.

who sees an all Big 10 final four.  put the bias aside charles barkley... turrible!

i don't see michigan state getting out.  michigan might be a stretch, but playing well.  indiana for sure can make it.  ohio state, yes.

my ranking for chances of making it:

ohio state

indiana

michigan

michigan state

this is probably a no brainer - but throwing it out there.

yeah i really don't see it happening.  i too would probably put them in that order.  i could definitely see those top 2 (believe thats what my brackets say too) making it the final four.  but msu to beat duke and then most likely louisville, then michigan to beat kansas and then florida.  thats a tall tall task, but would be crazy to have a final four conference tournament.

l

Marquette is an interesting team. This is the third straight year in the sweet 16. The past two years, 2011: Jimmy Butler and 2012: Jae Chrowder / Darius Johnson Odum, they has seniors that went to the nba. This year they don't have that and people wrote them off. But Vander Blue and Davante Gardner have stepped up huge. Look for vander blue to average 22 points a game next year. They have won a lot of close games this year and so i wasnt surprised they were able to squeak out the first two games of the tourney. They only had one bad loss all year against university of wisconsin green bay and the hurt their ranking all year. They would have been 4 places higher all year.

Next year they should be a real force.

I didn't mean to come off as that much of an ass but, with that being said, I'm biased because I know a lot of people who go to FGCU and I can assure you this is the most exciting thing that has ever happened there since Thomas Edison.

In other news, La Salle was in my Sweet 16. However it doesn't make up for all the other teams I lost. I'm looking at you, New Mexico.

I didn't mean to come off as that much of an ass but, with that being said, I'm biased because I know a lot of people who go to FGCU and I can assure you this is the most exciting thing that has ever happened there since Thomas Edison.

In other news, La Salle was in my Sweet 16. However it doesn't make up for all the other teams I lost. I'm looking at you, New Mexico.

haha yeah, its pretty remarkable.  the fact that most of the users on here are older than the actual university and they are competing in the sweet 16 is pretty remarkable. i hope your friends weren't chanting during this pep rally.

i'm sorry, i know i said i want them to beat florida, but i really can't after this now.  

shame on how many fans were chanting "fuck the gators", shame on their coach for not even attempting to quiet them down with mic in hand and knowing you are on national tv and seeming unapologetic, and shame on espn for not cutting that tape as soon as that chant began.

i'm sorry, but i now hope they get whats coming to them and florida players show them a little more class.