PO: JAMES BLAKE - OVERGROWN

• 2 weeks later...

According to chemical records UK this is a gatefold, well the UK pressing anyways.

This album is great, strong contender for AOTY for me. Blows the S/t out of the water in my opinion. The attention to production is great with heavy emphasis on moog bass lines and trap/garage drums, and obviously Blake's stellar vocals and piano. 

Honestly, i dont dislike any track on this album. Really solid release 

I found 'Retrograde' a bit challenging at first, but within the context of the album it works so well.

It is a mild departure, not major at all. The foundations of his earlier work is there, just with some great new production development.

For me everything that is new and different on this album is so beneficial to the sound

His track with RZA is killer too 

Track 1.. goddammnnnn

I like this album more than the S/T already. And, bonus points for featuring RZA on a track. This is great.

Track 1 is a fantastic opener. I love RZA, but that track just seems out of place on this album. It kind of ruined the immersion for me. It's not a bad song, but it breaks the flow IMO.

I picked this up today at a local shop and there's no download code.  There's no reason to not offer digital files with a record.  I'm preaching to the choir here I'm sure but this is the type of shit that makes me lose the two marbles I had left. 

Anyway, my point is to see if anyone would be willing to help me with files so I can put this in the car.  Muchas gracias. 

Oh and on first listen I'd say it's going to take a lot for me to like it over the first one.  I really love that album and it's still a staple.

If no one hooks you up before I get home this evening, I can upload the album for you, juice. Though I bet a quick Google search would be significantly faster. I do agree that the lack of digital downloads is annoying... but like most albums, I usually find myself applying the "try before you buy" approach, anyways.

That being said, I definitely looked around and found this for a reasonable price, the other day. Eagerly awaiting it to show up, and enjoying my MP3s in the meantime.

If no one hooks you up before I get home this evening, I can upload the album for you, juice. Though I bet a quick Google search would be significantly faster. I do agree that the lack of digital downloads is annoying... but like most albums, I usually find myself applying the "try before you buy" approach, anyways.

That being said, I definitely looked around and found this for a reasonable price, the other day. Eagerly awaiting it to show up, and enjoying my MP3s in the meantime.

Nah don't sweat it I'm not interested in puttin' anyone out I'll find it.  Honestly, I'm pretty ignorant to downloading.  I had someone who was nice enough to send me some links and I couldn't get either to work.  Ah well I'll live.  I think the last thing I was on was kazaa.  I never know what works, what's virus free, blah blah blah.  More often than not if I don't have the record I never end up hearing it.  I probably need to suck it up and buy that damn vinyl usb player already.

I understand the try before you buy method for sure.  It's certainly smarter than my method.  I like the gamble and figure- for me- it's pretty low risk if I don't like it to just mark down a new lp a couple of bucks and list it to get rid of it.  I've bought albums I clearly intended to keep only to play them once and list them immediately.  Fortunately I haven't been in a situation that I regretted.

I picked this up today at a local shop and there's no download code. There's no reason to not offer digital files with a record. I'm preaching to the choir here I'm sure but this is the type of shit that makes me lose the two marbles I had left.

Anyway, my point is to see if anyone would be willing to help me with files so I can put this in the car. Muchas gracias.

Oh and on first listen I'd say it's going to take a lot for me to like it over the first one. I really love that album and it's still a staple.

Backed, I tried listening to this on spotify and nothing really stuck with me the way the s/t did. Also, the first lp rules because it came with bonus tracks not on the cd, thought that was pretty cool to do!