hmmm...floor cushioning (i guess?)

I have a fairly large house and more space than I can fill. I have one room that is kinda in between a bedroom and a closet. Almost bedroom size but the ceiling follows the slope of the roof (so tall on one end and sloping until it touches the floor).

I don't mean to describe my house in detail. But this room isn't very useful except for storage. So I was thinking of devoting it to being a room for listening to records. Thinking that if I make a cool place to lay down for a little with nothing but a turntable in there I will focus 100% on the music (as opposed to now, where turn the music up as loud as I can and just listen while I do other stuff around the house...not focused).

I think I remember an old episode of Cribs or something (the dude from Incubus I think?) where a dude had something like this -- the whole room was essentially covered in couch cushions. But it was professionally done and looked really good, not just cushions thrown on the floor.

This making sense? It's hard to describe exactly what I'm picturing. Just wondering if anyone has seen this done, what its called, where it can be bought, etc. I'm assuming I don't just walk into Art Van and say I want half a couch to cover the floor of one room. Help would be appreciated.

google 'LoveSac'

My friend has one, it's amazing.

you could get one, or a few of those. there are different styles. and surround them with large cushions or pillows.

Thanks. That is pretty damn close to what I was thinking of. I want to cover the floor with them and then mount speakers on the walls, though. I can either lay an expedit on its side or keep the records / turntable just outside the room (hopefully, not necessary, to make flipping them easier).

But anyways, I want to cover most / all of the floor, and those might cost $2k+ to do that. I don't know if I am THAT into the idea. Was hoping to do this for a couple hundred.

I guess the cheap way to do it would be a couple mattresses but I don't know, just seems lame. I just have an image in my head of what that dude on cribs did (tried to find a video, couldn't). It was like the whole floor was a fluffy couch but no backing, and all the walls were lined with pillows.

Maybe I could buy single couch cushions somewhere and sew them to the carpet. I don't care if I eff the carpet up. It's a closet...

Thanks for trying. Must have been someone else. I know it was on an old episode of Cribs. I don't think I care to rewatch to find it.

it very well could have been. That particular video stops probably halfway through and doesn't show Brandon's room, its all a house the band rented to record a album though so it could have been his personal cribs. I seem to remember it also.

On a serious note, you just have to think of the dimensions of the room...and see how badly its going to sound.

This.  However it should be noted that if the space is small enough and you turn it up loud enough it will resonate rather than reverb and actually sound better

I've been to a few clubs that should sound like shit but don't because of this.

I guess I can easily test this out. Just have to set the speakers up in there and see what it sounds like tomorrow. 

I was thinking of it as more of a room to lay down and relax with some records than to blast at high volume. What is the ballpark size of a room that is too small for decent audio? That one is about 10' by 12', although some of the area is lost due to the ceiling following the slope of the roof. It's not THAT much smaller than where my turntable is currently set up, which is maybe 14' by 20'.