Just got my first TT, help please....

That guy above doesn't really know what he's talking about. What he linked isn't even a cartridge, its a stylus.

What you need to do is tell us what cartridge is currently on your table. Hell even if you can't figure it out, a picture helps. From there we can tell you what and how to replace it (either the stylus aka needle, or the entire cartridge).

That guy above doesn't really know what he's talking about. What he linked isn't even a cartridge, its a stylus.

What you need to do is tell us what cartridge is currently on your table. Hell even if you can't figure it out, a picture helps. From there we can tell you what and how to replace it (either the stylus aka needle, or the entire cartridge).

haha damn dude just tried to play me.

anyways, Ill take a look at the TT when I get home and update with what it is currently fitted with.

I know its not an "audiophile" TT or anything special but I would still like to get the best sound i possibly can out of it

I think it might be the stock cartridge as it says Sansui, but I could be wrong.

I am new to this so bare with me and Im sure there are previous threads that could answer my questions, but what is more important, the cartidge and stylus, or the TT itself? And is there a sort of "breaking point" where the cartridge wont make any more of a difference unless I got a more expensive TT?