Both my daughter's rokus died in the last month. I gave my oldest the Fire TV stick I bought to put Kodi on (I only use it for PPV events anyways), will probably buy my youngest one too but she needs a new TV with an HDMI port. She's gotta wait cause we just replaced our broken ass bedroom TV (with a built-in Roku TV, coincidentally).

The spending never ends!

Nancy_raygun, have you considered an Amazon Fire Stick or TV box with Kodi (xbmc)? It's fly by night as hell, but you can stream pretty much anything for free.

I had a fire stick with Kodi on it for a while, but the interface was painfully slow, so I sold it. I don't have anything right now, just plug my laptop into my TV when needed, but I have not turn my TV on in weeks and I'm fine with it.

I've been running Plex on my Roku 3 for a while and have had only a few issues. It doesn't play every single kind of video format but it's not that big an issue. It plays the majority of them. I paid $5 once and I still get updates. I use it to stream movies from my PC to my TV. That's all I'm using it for.

Yeah, I just use it for movies and TV shows that I've downloaded. Nothing too intricate. I thinking maybe I can get a cheap one off Craigslist and just use it for Plex, then continue using the Xbox for everything else. Good to know the $5 is actually one time.

Both my daughter's rokus died in the last month. I gave my oldest the Fire TV stick I bought to put Kodi on (I only use it for PPV events anyways), will probably buy my youngest one too but she needs a new TV with an HDMI port. She's gotta wait cause we just replaced our broken ass bedroom TV (with a built-in Roku TV, coincidentally).

The spending never ends!

Nancy_raygun, have you considered an Amazon Fire Stick or TV box with Kodi (xbmc)? It's fly by night as hell, but you can stream pretty much anything for free.

That sounds pretty sweet, I'll check it out.  Thanks!