There is, of course, nothing stopping any of you who are better at opining about music from doing so, on YouTube or otherwise.

sure there is, my job, grad school, my wife and family, all deserve far more time than me making some stupid youtube video about an album that I probably dont even care about

I found out about Anthony, though his My Vinyl Collection video series, and have been hooked since. I find his reviews interesting as he's not afraid to disagree with the crowd (as a good reviewer should). He and I have a very similar music taste, but I have to say the nigga listens to the most off the wall, 1313, underground music. Which is good, and bad as most of his reviews are of artist that I've never heard of, I found out about We Are Trees, and Death Grips, thought him, and i found a lot of bands that I just found myself turning off from him. I like that he is in the underground music scene so I can see his review of the new Foxygen or the new Purity Ring, and he tends to miss larger releases like the new Vampire Weekend track or new Lydia LP. He seems to linger and use big words in his reviews, but they are well spoken and informative. I like his editing style, along with his discussion videos like Hipster.  

He's good about speaking to fans, and reviewing what they want too:

poop%20(2).jpg

TL;DR: Anthony uses big words for no reason, which tends to come off as a ploy to sound smart when he's just rambling. I like that he's into underground music but he likes really obscure stuff too, and will miss a lot of larger reviews. He's well spoken when he talks about topics, weather that be a review, or a genre. He's nice and talks to his fans.

The guy definitely has a gift for speech and I'd probably stand reading his reviews better than watching him.  Definitely agree with the dude who said he has shallow knowledge of many.  I can only assume he hits up the Wiki before each webisode, drilling a few name drops before editing the video together sentence by sentence.  Can't blame him-  it's pretty hard to come accross as an 'expert' on hoards of mediocre releases.  Anyway, the video where he talked about seeing Sunn O)) made me lol.  Dude should just write for Pitchfork.. he's really good with words and they might not seem as shallow if he took the time to flesh them out on paper after more than a few quick listens and a Wiki search.

^Him talking about Sunn and his review of the newest Swans made me laugh. "It's so crazy and strange" seemed to be the jist of things. He could do a hell of a lot better than any Pitchfork writer though.