Boston Marathon Explosions

holy shit. Just caught up on all of this. Kinda glad I went to bed before this kicked off and got some rest, I would've been glued.

i've been glued since 6 am. and my sister hasn't slept.

they weren't ID'ed until yesterday, though. they literally had days to just leave the state in any way possible. they shut down things for maybe a couple hours after the bombing, but after that, they could easily have gotten away because no one knew who they were looking for yet.

I don't know the exact timeline but I'd like to think that the FBI had that surveillance footage analyzed the day of the attack -- it just wasn't released to the public. Anyone trying to cross the border with a suspicious look / accent was given extra attention. Two strange looking guys in a motel in Kansas or sleeping in a car might have gotten a call. Maybe their friends / family realize they just up and left and talk to authorities. Maybe they would look nervous trying to cross a border checkpoint and get nabbed that way.

Like I said, I don't get why they wouldn't try. But I also think that with the spotlight of the whole justice department and everyone in America looking for anything try can possibly find, a flag would have gone up, a trail found, and eventually, they would have gotten nabbed regardless. Million different possibilities of how it could go down.

Also, running away makes it pretty clear they are guilty. Maybe it was like a deer in headlights -- frozen and hoping the light goes away. Not sure how robbing a 7-11 fits into my "lay low" idea, though.

I guess I don't really know anything except that I feel pretty confident they would have gotten caught regardless of a run or hide approach.

any streams currently on?

cnn

I don't know the exact timeline but I'd like to think that the FBI had that surveillance footage analyzed the day of the attack -- it just wasn't released to the public. Anyone trying to cross the border with a suspicious look / accent was given extra attention. Two strange looking guys in a motel in Kansas or sleeping in a car might have gotten a call. Maybe their friends / family realize they just up and left and talk to authorities. Maybe they would look nervous trying to cross a border checkpoint and get nabbed that way.

Like I said, I don't get why they wouldn't try. But I also think that with the spotlight of the whole justice department and everyone in America looking for anything try can possibly find, a flag would have gone up, a trail found, and eventually, they would have gotten nabbed regardless. Million different possibilities of how it could go down.

Also, running away makes it pretty clear they are guilty. Maybe it was like a deer in headlights -- frozen and hoping the light goes away. Not sure how robbing a 7-11 fits into my "lay low" idea, though.

I guess I don't really know anything except that I feel pretty confident they would have gotten caught regardless of a run or hide approach.

they admitted to it to the guy they carjacked

3rd dude, the robot is on him now. when/if he’s cleared they want to bring him for an interview.

I still have no idea where this 3rd guy came from.

Yeah, 3rd dude is the older dude that they have cuffed on the ground, waiting to clear for an explosive device. 

They mentioned that there is a house that a "suspicious person with a laptop" was staying. They're waiting to search that house, which I imagine is where the younger guy might be. 

Also, running away makes it pretty clear they are guilty

Cool. I was more referencing if they just got in a car and drove away an hour after the bombing that pretty quickly someone would say "wtf...something not right...calling the FBI". I'm assuming that would have happened within the day.

As for what's going on now, yeah I think guilt has been 100% established. If they hadn't admitted to it, the exchange of rifle fire, grenades, and IEDs with the police removes also proves it pretty well.

father spoke to abc

http://gma.yahoo.com/bomb-suspects-dad-calls-him-surrender-141352754--abc-news-topstories.html

"The father of suspected Boston Marathon bomber called on his son today to give up peacefully, but warned the U.S. that if his son is killed "all hell will break loose."

"If they kill my second child, I will know that it is an inside job, a hit job. The police are to blame," the father told ABC News. "Someone, some organization is out to get them."