i need new headphones

SENNHEISER. Trusted brand. http://en-us.sennheiser.com/dynamic-stereo-headphones-audiophile

I currently have the 598s, but have had the 595s and have used my friend's 700s.

The 595s were perfect for everyday use at home. I'm guessing they are so expensive on Amazon because they are no longer manufactured, and were replaced by the 598s. 

If you don't want to spend and arm and a leg, look into the 558s and read reviews. 

The 598s are affordable, and I have no complaints. The sound quality is amazing, they are sturdy, and very comfortable fitting after you break them in. I've had my current 598s for two years and use them every day. They still look brand new.

Do not buy BEATS.

You can't go wrong with Sennheiser. 

I have these:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sennheiser+-+Around-the-Ear+Headphones+-+Black/Metallic+Chrome/9417295.p?id=1218102966969&skuId=9417295

They're okay. Wire is super thin and no remote. That's why I wouldn't get them.

I never messed with anything lower than the 500 series. How does it feel on the ears? The material looks annoying so I went with the latter.

Also, those are 52$ here.

SENNHEISER. Trusted brand. http://en-us.sennheiser.com/dynamic-stereo-headphones-audiophile

I currently have the 598s, but have had the 595s and have used my friend's 700s.

The 595s were perfect for everyday use at home. I'm guessing they are so expensive on Amazon because they are no longer manufactured, and were replaced by the 598s. 

If you don't want to spend and arm and a leg, look into the 558s and read reviews. 

The 598s are affordable, and I have no complaints. The sound quality is amazing, they are sturdy, and very comfortable fitting after you break them in. I've had my current 598s for two years and use them every day. They still look brand new.

Do not buy BEATS.

You can't go wrong with Sennheiser. 

Yeah, I was just going to recommend these.

I love my HD 598s. Great quality for the price.

I think the Denon 1000s I had sounded better, but those are so fragile they broke and the wires shorted out.

The Denon's new model is made of crickety plastic, every turn of the head goes CREEEK.

Denon 5000s besides being expensive, will reveal too much sibilance for vinyl.

HD 598s take a long time to burn in. You can leave music running for a week before they start sounding good, but they do, its great.

However, they are open-eared, so it could be troubling for those around you.

Beats. Best consumer level headphones.

Top 40 radio headphones. 

I did like the way they felt, but thought they were bass heavy. Plus they're too flashy and I didn't really want to spend that much.

I agree with the bass. That's all they are good for. Beats are not bad for a lot of electronic/dubstep, and hip-hop/pop music. Listening to post-rock, shoegaze, ambient music, hell... even indie rock; you're in the wrong game.  

I use Beats to listen to primarily metal/hardcore music. They sound incredible. Overpriced? Yes.

The overpricing of them really isn't an issue I think. Since personally I had my beats for a year and a half before the sound in one ear slightly faded, since I had payed for the $3 walmart insurance they took them back for full retail price and also gave me back what I spent on insurance. So ideally you can have them for almost 2 years for free and not worry about damages to them.