PO: Austra - Olympia (Pink) & (Blue Ice Swirl)

Two options for the new AUSTRA LP

Paperbag: http://shop.paperbagrecords.com/products/olympia

Not sure what the Blue Swirl is limited to?

AVAILABLE ON CD AND LIMITED EDITION DOUBLE VINYL W/CD INCLUDED ON JUNE 18, 2013

Or

Pink is limited to 300 from DOMINO: http://www.dominorecordco.us/usa/albums/14-03-13/olympia/

Pre-order any format of Olympia and receive an instant grat download of album track 'Home' + a download ofthe six track Austra + Gina X 'Mayan Drums' EP.

After three years of non-stop touring following the release of 2010's debut Feel It Break, when it came time to recordOlympia, Austra had evolved into a complex collaborative effort between its six members and presents a quantum evolution in the Toronto-based band’s sound, structure and style.

They've toured with the XX and a few other bigger bands, so I guess they're finally getting more exposure.  I had heard them before, but hadn't seen them live until SXSW this year. They were phenomenal live! 

I didn't particular care for the single either though I really like the previous album.  Just can't decide whether to pull the trigger or not. 

• 1 month later...

after listening to this album 3 times....I am still on the fence about liking it, and due to having NO MONEY really going to pass on this! Will regret I am sure as usually their stuff grows on you!

Regarding above post its hard to say who they sound like as I dont usually listen to a lot of this genre!

Maybe a more poppy, dance-y, and girly Cold-Cave?or say Twin Shadow??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got my paper bag pressing today from an eBay store which made it about $5 cheaper! Looks really nice! Perfect with the cover art will post pics after a listen! Pink is long gone, but I like blue better anyway! A second blue press seems redundant even though its different mix of blues but still should of just stuck to black