Drive: Mondo or Invada?

i didn't say the invada artwork was brilliant. But it is the official album artwork. I do think they should have at least used the one sheet art for the soundtrack

It wouldnt be Mondo if they used any of the bland movie artwork that typically goes along with "official" movie posters. Thats why people buy Mondo prints. They commission an artist to do an art print based on a movie theyve gotten licensed and they let the artist show his/her vision. Some are a hit, some are a miss. I thought highly enough of Stout's Drive work that I decided to acquire the actual print to go along with my vinyl.

Youre never gonna get a Mondo vinyl release to have the same album art as the official movie poster and usually for good reason.

Just did a quick comparison between the Invada (pink) and Mondo (black) pressing. 

Overall the Mondo one sounds slightly better. The Invada pressing is louder, less compressed, but has a real problem with highs on some of the tracks. Even though the Mondo one lacks a bit in the bottom end, if I had to keep only one I'd go with Mondo.

I love the Mondo art. I actually like the Pic Disc set up a little better. The bold and simple jacket image then all the busy/detailed art inside.

Assuming you're in the US, price alone makes Mondo the winner I feel like. The art is a bonus. I've read the sound on both are about the same from reviewers. But if you're in the UK wouldn't the Invada be cheaper? I dunno, I mean I could just bring that up on Google since I'm sitting here on the internet, but won't.

Anyway.  My only Mondo gripe is random/blind bag colors. I find it an annoying marketing gimmiock. But clearly not enough to disuade me from buying their stuff, or others. I'm happy with them overall.

It wouldnt be Mondo if they used any of the bland movie artwork that typically goes along with "official" movie posters. Thats why people buy Mondo prints. They commission an artist to do an art print based on a movie theyve gotten licensed and they let the artist show his/her vision. Some are a hit, some are a miss. I thought highly enough of Stout's Drive work that I decided to acquire the actual print to go along with my vinyl.

Youre never gonna get a Mondo vinyl release to have the same album art as the official movie poster and usually for good reason.

sorry I meant that the official cover should have been the one sheet , not talking about the mondo version. I'm well aware of what mondo does.

I love the Mondo art. I actually like the Pic Disc set up a little better. The bold and simple jacket image then all the busy/detailed art inside.

Assuming you're in the US, price alone makes Mondo the winner I feel like. The art is a bonus. I've read the sound on both are about the same from reviewers. But if you're in the UK wouldn't the Invada be cheaper? I dunno, I mean I could just bring that up on Google since I'm sitting here on the internet, but won't.

Anyway.  My only Mondo gripe is random/blind bag colors. I find it an annoying marketing gimmiock. But clearly not enough to disuade me from buying their stuff, or others. I'm happy with them overall.

I emailed them about the whole randomly inserted color thing and gave them a number of suggestions to help curb the hoarding that goes on in an effort to land that variant. They replied that they have no plans to change their current structure unfortunately.

If you guys also have a concern about it, feel free to email them with kind and well thought out suggestions and reasons. They're very good at responding to them and it seems like they read through them all.

Mondo is still new at this whole vinyl thing so Im sure theyre always looking to hear new and possibly better ideas/concepts to help them moving forward, while they continue to learn the business.