Cynic - Focus Repress Coming Soon

https://www.facebook.com/CynicOnline/posts/10151590558464936

Hey folks! Limited edition "Focus" vinyl available soon. A web store will be up within a couple weeks. Please don't buy from eBay sellers who purchased on the recent Death tour and are now reselling for ridiculous prices. Buy from us, you will save money and support the band directly. Thanks.

Apparently they've been sold on the Death to All tour that was last month.

SO FUCKING HAPPY ABOUT THIS

awesome, cant wait to snag this.

My girlfriend found a copy of "Traced in Air" a week ago at Amoeba in Hollywood.

Great girl that she is, she dutifully brought it home.

Just a question, is the back to black pressing of Traced in Air (2) inital pressings labeled as 1st press and 2nd press on discogs.. or (1) pressing of both the grey and clear done at one time? Anyone?

Absolutely love Masvidals art direction so hopefully Focus will have some extra goodies.

http://instagram.com/p/YvPy07o2iO/

His eBay comment was in light of my question about this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cynic-Focus-Black-Vinyl-500-Death-Atheist-Pestilence-Nocturnus-Meshuggah-/251271697486?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3a80f5d44e

I asked Paul what the deal was b/c the seller said he bought it "a few years ago" at Cynic's merch table, and that it was a repress.  This was Paul's response:

He's lying! We just reprinted vinyl for the recent Death tour this past month, an no other vinyl has been sold since. Flag him if possible and let people know. Will put a notice on our Facebook page as well.

Update: The auction with the note about buying a few years ago ended for $140, the Seller just put up another one for Buy It Now $80.  What a douche.

His eBay comment was in light of my question about this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cynic-Focus-Black-Vinyl-500-Death-Atheist-Pestilence-Nocturnus-Meshuggah-/251271697486?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3a80f5d44e

I asked Paul what the deal was b/c the seller said he bought it "a few years ago" at Cynic's merch table, and that it was a repress.  This was Paul's response:

He's lying! We just reprinted vinyl for the recent Death tour this past month, an no other vinyl has been sold since. Flag him if possible and let people know. Will put a notice on our Facebook page as well.

Update: The auction with the note about buying a few years ago ended for $140, the Seller just put up another one for Buy It Now $80.  What a douche.

Ah, ok, the seller used "vinyl" in the title, not "LP", thats why it went under my radar. It seems that he is flipping a lot of stuff (Ghost, Drive OST, Deftones 180g). 

It's not Season of Mist.  It says RoadRunner on the back but has the date of when the album came out.  It's unfortunate that it doesn't say 2013 as well.  People will likely get confused thinking this is an original press if they don't know what to look for as far as differences (center label, insert, etc).  I would presume this is self released by the band.

I should also note, at the show they had copies for $20 that were limited to 500 and they also had copies that were limited to 100 and signed by Paul and Sean for $30.  I opted for the $20 option since I didn't feel like running out of the venue to an ATM to pull out more $.  I'm starting to kick myself on that choice but hopefully they have both options when they put them up on the site for sale.

• 2 weeks later...