Shipping Vinyl to Texas in the Summer....

So I've found myself in quite the predicament this summer... Last year I made a few preorders that were shipping late July/early August... They got to me slightly warped, so this year I really have no clue what to do about it. I would really rather not just not preorder shit until September for fear of missing something I really want... Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I have a buddy in Omaha that offered to just stock pile them for me until it cools down enough so he can ship them. But the thing is, he doesn't even buy them for himself. So I would be stuck trying to get ahold of a dude in law school everytime I wanna buy a record... Poo, I'm open to suggestions as long as it doesn't involve me paying for 1 day shipping on everything I buy... Thanks!

Get a PO box and/or choose faster shipping. Both of those would help and there aren't many other options besides chancing it.

This is what I did.  Solved all of my problems.  The weather is incredibly unpredictable on the coast where I am, and the sun would bake anything sitting by my front door in the summer.  I always get home at sporadic times, so it could be sitting for a while.  For me, living a mile away from my PO, it's been great.

For having shipped to a PO, do you need one of the extra large boxes, or will they kind of set it aside for you and put a note in your box?

I got the smallest box they have.  When you get an oversized package, they put a key in your box with a number on it which corresponds to one of the lockers that are there. 

damn, we only hit 98 here in austin.

It was like 70 where I am the other day and I felt like dying. I couldn't imagine living in Texas...

Couldn't gotten a lot more hits with the title "shipping vinyl (Texas in July)"

Lol, evil :)

I live in Omaha as well, and will say, it gets pretty damn hot and humid here too!

With that said, if you need somebody in Omaha who can help your buddy out when he's busy -- get in touch! I'm 100% able and willing to help you out!!

I'm gonna be in Omaha for the CWS in like a month bro, we should hit up benson or something one night. Or maybe you should try and make it down to the series one day and tailgate with us :) we get crazy :)

I got the smallest box they have.  When you get an oversized package, they put a key in your box with a number on it which corresponds to one of the lockers that are there. 

Ahh didnt know that. I have a small box, but I have been getting everything shipped to my parents house. Its a nice neighborhood with a covered porch, so its prefect for having things delivered when nobody is home.  My house, not so much. I dont trust my neighbors lol. Thanks for the info!

I'm gonna be in Omaha for the CWS in like a month bro, we should hit up benson or something one night. Or maybe you should try and make it down to the series one day and tailgate with us :) we get crazy :)

Nice! To see you're not even from here and you're talkin' about Benson says volumes! I've only been here a few years (stationed Air Force) and will say, that's the place to be! Especially when there is a good show going on!

I know it's opening night for the CWS, but there is a phenomenal band playing the Waiting Room on the 15th, The Envy Corps... not sure if you're familiar with them, but they're reallyyyyy good!

Nice! To see you're not even from here and you're talkin' about Benson says volumes! I've only been here a few years (stationed Air Force) and will say, that's the place to be! Especially when there is a good show going on!

I know it's opening night for the CWS, but there is a phenomenal band playing the Waiting Room on the 15th, The Envy Corps... not sure if you're familiar with them, but they're reallyyyyy good!

Sounds like a great time, but I'm not sure I will be able to pry everyone away from the park. However I will bring it up and see how it goes. Definitely looking for something to do the 14th, probably hit up benson that night for sure. I have so much family up there I'm sure they'll have something in mind. Gonna be staying out in Gretna with a buddy of mine so kinda a trek back and forth but can't beat free. I have a buddy that use to be a brew master over at upstream so I'm sure we will hit up there, we should try to grab a beer together or something in that 10 day span. I'll hit you up when it's a little closer.