PO: High On Fire - Spitting Fire Live

Guest Secular Haze

Love High On Fire, but even at the cheapest $35 for what amounts to a double live album this is ridiculous. With $15 7"s and $35 double albums this is the beginning of the end. :o  Dooooooom! This overcharging is exactly why people started pirate downloading, which killed the CD industry.

Love High On Fire, but even at the cheapest $35 for what amounts to a double live album this is ridiculous. With $15 7"s and $35 double albums this is the beginning of the end. :o  Dooooooom! This overcharging is exactly why people started pirate downloading, which killed the CD industry.

This. This. This. This. This.

Fuck me.

Truth.  You'll start to see a lot more bootleg / pirated vinyl sooner than later as a result.

Aha.

http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2013/05/29/high-on-fire-spitting-fire-live-albums-coming-june-18/

Bay area titans HIGH ON FIRE will release “Spitting Fire” Volumes 1 & 2 on June 18th, 2013. The track list spans the course of the band’s history with hits like “Fertile Green,” “Frost Hammer” and “10,000 Years.”

“Spitting Fire” was recorded live in two marquee New York City venues; The Music Hall Of Williamsburg and The Bowery Ballroom. It was later mixed by Greg Wilkinson at Earhammer Studios in Oakland, CA with additional engineering by Kurt Ballou.

Multiple pre-order options are now available including limited edition vinyl bundles and iTunes .

High On Fire cannot be defined by their sound on tape alone. “Spitting Fire” is a vivid snapshot of the band’s massive sounding live show, which for fans who have yet to witness, are clearly missing out.

Volume 1.
1. Serums Of Liao
2. Frost Hammer
3. 10,000 Years
4. Devolution
5. Last
6. Fertile Green
7. Speedwolf

Volume 2.
1. Rumors Of War
2. DII
3. Fury Whip
4. Madness Of An Architect
5. Face Of Oblivion
6. Hung Drawn and Quartered
7. Blood From Zion
8. Snakes For The Divine

Funny you say that, this thread popped up yesterday on the FWW. 

http://www.fatwreckwiki.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6855

I saw that mentioned in another thread.  I see this becoming a bigger trend.  There are quite a few bootlegs that are starting to trickle out from Europe and I'm sure elsewhere.  Recently I bought Clutch's self titled album for $35.  I knew it was a bootleg but I bought it b/c I really love the album and wanted it on vinyl.  The sad thing is Neil has said in interviews that it's highly unlikely this album will ever get pressed again on vinyl....or at least not in the distant future.  I feel bad buying stuff like this b/c the band doesn't benefit.  Same has happened with Tool albums, Aenima and 10,000 Days.  This surely will become a trend.  I think buying vinyl on Ebay for the most part is a foolish practice to begin with and it will likely become more shady as time passes.  Just an opinion at the end folks, so don't jump all over me if you disagree.

Nope. I'm in a band that gives away our demo for free on bandcamp and through my personal mediafire account.and people still upload it to their own servers or other sites to give as a download link. Smaller bands sell their albums for $5 all the time through sites like bandcamp, which is an incredibly fair price, and they still are downloaded illegally. I don't have any problem with illegal downloading but I also don't try to justify to those who do when there are cheap/free alternatives and illegal uploads pop up anyway. 

Truth.  You'll start to see a lot more bootleg / pirated vinyl sooner than later as a result.

I really don't foresee people going through the hassle of bootlegging shitty sounding records (or people buying them) because a double LP is overpriced by $10.

the easy solution is to just not buy them. this is playing on people's compulsion to "catch 'em all" but they are not essential to own. high on fire and baroness are great bands. i will listen to them live... in a live setting. i have no desire to listen to their live recordings on vinyl. i will sometimes give final show LPs a pass (ala have heart, champion) but completely random sets? no thanks.

• 1 month later...